ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well and truley FCUKED

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok...

Turning a corner with my gf in the car, must of been going... id say 15 -17mph SUDDENLY clunk! The passenger side drops down at the front forcing the car to the left only to smash the alloy into the curb and the passanger chair airbag to go off in my gf's face.

The car is now parked up pretty much were it hit the curb and as it was dark/cold/raining and there was something i wanted to watch on tv i thought, sod it il leave it here (in a perfectly safe quiet posh estate)

so a few things...

1.) what do i go about doing now
2.) any selling/know were i can get a replacement chair?
3.) how much is this going to cost me (honestly)
4.) what have i damaged...
5.) could i fix it myself

DSC00876.gif

Yozza'd Titanium 182
if you look towards the bottom right of the picture were it looks like there appears to be something leaking does the metal look twisted to you

Yozza'd Titanium 182
dosent look that way to me, i mean, il still get the 182 (then again it puts a downer on it and i just think cba)

i cant drive it as it needs to be towed

what to do?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
presumably, im just going to expect the worst to be honest, i mean whats the best thing to do? does anybody have any advice?

ClioSport 172 Cup
Replace the wishbone with a new one, it looks knackered. Not really too expensive(renault one was about £60), i replaced the one on mine as previous owner must have kerbed the car hard and it was twisted and seriously pulling my steering from the centre.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
from the pic, it looks like the cv joint has broken. Unless its just the angle of the pic.

going by the fluid from the gaiter i can see on the wishbone, it may be the case

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
The ball joints detached itself from the wishbone!! Go down, jack it up and see if you can see anything else wrong!

200bhp 172 cup
maybe im blind but i cant see any damage in that pic but like said above the balljoint does look like it may have come away from the wishbone

M

mini-valver

The balljoint has come off the wishbone by the looks of it. New balljoint and hope it hasnt bent the wishbone, if not, new wishbone.

Also, Dynamique seat?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Others have explained the mech damage.

As for the airbag stuff.

you will need a replacement chair more the likely.
second hand or new (very expensive), so look at breakers, can get some good deals or on here if someone has changed over to RS leathers etc.

You will need to either replace the airbag computer or have it sent away.

PM bmh.01 , he had his airbag computer done this way without buying an expensive new one.

Costly still tho :(

wonder if this any relation to the time you came to the meet with the anti roll bar hanging off catching the front wheels? lol

Yozza'd Titanium 182
lol, no the anti roll bars were fixed properly, i heard news that i need a new suapention arm. grim!

its gonna cost a fair wack as for the seat i may get it sown up

i no a few ppl who have this done plus it means i dont need a new seat etc

Mate sorry about the car looks like one of those things, you should be thankful it didnt happen at speed though!!

If its any help I've got leather/alacantra seats in great nick out of my 182 for sale for a good price linkage

They have the airbags etc so it would be just plug and play, 1 hr to fit max!

tDrive shaft looks fine its on right lock so will look bent.
Looks like the bottom ball joint has come away from the wish bone.

ValverInBits
^^ that, frankly is a really good deal.

Not sure about the driveshaft, theres a good chance it'll be ok. Wishbone is a must, get a new ball joint while your at it. Check the anti roll bar link is ok.
Most worrying thing is the subframe. That's a pretty big job to change. It'll probably be ok, but compare it to the other side to be sure.
new alloy too

Yozza'd Titanium 182
ok just got my car back... unbalivably the only problem was the ball joint...

which has been replaced

so far....

£45 to tow the car to the garage
£42 1 hours labour
£53 part needed to fit car

my alloy is bent in half but the tyre is still bo selecta so i need 1 new phs2 alloy
and i need 1 new seat my airbag light and service light is on, how do i reset that?

also mt steerin wheel is wonky! is that an easy job

james -

Yozza'd Titanium 182
anyone know anyone with any of the following?

front diamond
passenger seat
rear wiper
phs 2 alloy wheel

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've got a pair of Cup seats if they're any good for you James. Was going to stick them up for £50 once I'd given them a wash. Drop me a PM if they're any good for you. Hope you get sorted pal.