ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well it's turbo time advice on doing it with sm inlet pls

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
For the sake of 12bhp I'd be flogging the inlet but that's just me.

This pretty much, you can get a few hundred quid for the inlet and a stock one isn't going to run you more than 50 notes.
12bhp is nothing on a turbo car, 1 or 2psi more boost will give more than that.

More likely it's just the differences between cars, output from a turbo engine can vary a fair bit between different days and different dyno's.

Clio 182
I dont see the point in risking the drive. simply send the ecu to be base mapped, it wont run like an NA. Although if you are keeping the SM chris can't put a base map on to suit it
With the waste gate disconnected there's no boost at all. My Altezza was running a higher compression ratio than a clio with a GREDDY TD04...

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Granted there may be no boost but it will run like a bag of spanners. Too many parts have been changed the standard ecu will be having a shitfit

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Thanks m8 that's what I will do will

This pretty much, you can get a few hundred quid for the inlet and a stock one isn't going to run you more than 50 notes.

More likely it's just the differences between cars, output from a turbo engine can vary a fair bit between different days and different dyno's.

The SM inlet doesn't just give a higher peak figure when combined with boost. It moves the powerband upwards slightly in the rev range and allows the engine to hold power longer (as long as the turbo is capable of holding boost), plus various other changes

dan's cast offs.

stock inlet will suffer a hell of a lot more heat soak than the sm and throttle response will be slower amongst other things.