ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

well..Iwent and done it...

Took the plunge and traded my much loved 182...which was an absolutely super wee car...and got myselfa 2008 r27. pick it up and saturday and can't wait.

I will really miss the 182 after 4yrs of hassel free ownership...absolutely fantastic car, but it is just time to move on. nothing else really took my fancy and am really pleased with my new purchase.

Sounds like a good upgrade to a newer car. did the meggy not tempt you?

Thanks everyone, will try and upload some pics when I get a chance. its albi blue (i think...the darker, metalic blue). decided not to go for r26 after all. i really don't need a 'bigger' car and beside, we all know that the best things come in small packages lol ;)

Mike, if I get a chance I will hook up at local meet and 'show it off' ;)

Have to say, the r27 didn't feel as rapid as the 182, but it just feels bit more grown up and still nippy enough.

anyway, up to Coleraine in the morning to collect and then a good, long drive home to get the feel for it.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Nice 1, just cant beat the drive home after a new purchase! Have to see her at the next meet.

well...initial thoughts on the r27...immense, awesome...very very pleased! picked it up on saturday and managed 200 miles over the weekend lol. totally different car to the 182. The 197 is a lot more refined, no rattles or shakes, handles beautifully and looks amazing (took me a well while to come to terms with the looks). As much as I loved the 182, the 197 is a massive improvement. I couldn't resist blipping the pedal a bit and am pleased to say that the power is still there...with the 182 it seemed to be 'all or nothing' in terms of power, but the 197 just seems to keep pulling and pulling. the whole package just seems so much more well built and put together. the recaros are great, very comfortable and hold you tight. lovely exhuast note. i have nothing negative to report at the moment, but am sure some things will come to my attention the more i drive it.

at the moment then, I am a convert from 182 to 197. if you are thinking about a change, do it, you'll not regret it!

Turbo LY R27
Glad your enjoying it mate, post some pics of your new beast up! Albi is very nice. I know what you mean about the power just seems the faster you go the more/harder it pulls! Even off cam there is good torque and races through the gears to get on cam so fast compared to the 182.

Will try and get some pics as soon as possible. my laptop packed in so have no internet access from home at the moment. also, can't access the likes of photobucket from work...thanks to a pretty tight firewall. so...i'll try to sort something as soon as possible

b*****d!!
cheers Wayne ;) hopefully get a race down on Sunday...wherever the meet is taking place. Seriously...I thought I was going to be a bit disappointed in terms of power compared to the 182...inital test drive left me thinking that the r27 wasn't just as nippy, but I can honestly say it is as quick or quicker and just feels like a so much better all round package. I'll take you out a wee spin and see what you think for yourself.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
negativity not required in this thread.

awesome car, hope you enjoy it! :D

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
lol i think not

182s = 6 -7k

R27 = 10-12K (maybe more)

meg225s = 8-12k ( closer to 12k for a mint 1)

if i was spending around the 11k mark it definately wouldnt be for a clio. Would be a meg for me IF i was to get another reno. Ill keep my 182 and my extra couple of pound change and still be quicker

:approve:;):)xxxxx

182s = 4 -7k (182 - Trophy )

R27 =10 -11K (dealers getting them for ??)

meg R26 = 10 -11K (dealers getting for??)

Defo good buys to be had;)

197-I love!!!
I did exactly the same a month ago except mines the normal 197 but with Black Speedlines,Albi blue.I had my 182 for 4 years and loved it but I have to say the 197 is fantastic , better built and seems to be 'smoother' on the power but still has loads of character.I picked mine up in Hull and had a fantastic drive back to Hampshire.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I did exactly the same a month ago except mines the normal 197 but with Black Speedlines,Albi blue.I had my 182 for 4 years and loved it but I have to say the 197 is fantastic , better built and seems to be 'smoother' on the power but still has loads of character.I picked mine up in Hull and had a fantastic drive back to Hampshire.

Pics :cool:. I have the same colour combo :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
was behind one of these driving home, it looked so wide! definately has more presence on the road than a 172/182

Wash your mouth out!!!! On here the MK2 has waaaaaaaay more presence!!!! ;);)

Tbh i think most on here have only seen pics of 197's. See one on the road and they are immense!!

saxo vtr
hey i still prefer the 182 and am looking to buy one! the 197 is just so chunky, the wheels look huge and that diffuser! sounds nice as well