ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welsh karting meet - February - cancelled.

Some sort of I.d would be good..... I found mine! =

92e14521ceace216ba1c5f53fb28485c.jpg

Strobe light would be hilarious though.... doubt super kart would allow it. [emoji14]

They do an accessory pack!
d3cfeac12f0ce4f38e0e954f15406221.jpg

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How do chaps? Hoping everyone had a good Christmas and New Years?

And hoping people aren't to skint to afford a spot of karting? The second round of The Cliosport Karting Club

Going to need to start getting the deposits in soon so we can get everything booked in ASAP. PayPal is the same as before eotl.promo@gmail.com

Who's in!?
Let the trash talk commence!

Attending.
1. Filters :stig: Reigning champion.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Happing dude yeah chrismas and new year was awesome thanks, hope you and everyone else did too.

As for deposits i'm still planning on coming but i can't be paying anything out just yet, i got a snowboarding holiday on the 18th that wasn't planned for and anyone who has ever been knows that it can be very expensive. What makes it worse is having a new job that unfortunately now pays monthly and being just after chrismas the money i do have until pay day will be used to pay bills and spending money.

As soon as i'm back i'll pay the deposit.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Happing dude, i'm off to arsinal in andora it's not my choice of place to go would much rather go to Austria. Was all organised by a friend who has a friend working over there that he hasn't seen in a while so he decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Didn't realise you was a boarder, how long have you been boarding for then?, and where you off to in March?.

Since I was 14. Been every year, usually twice. Up untill about age 24, since then I haven't been so much.

Go to florida, new York etc type holidays with the wife now.
Going to make the effort to go more though.
I always go to chamonix valley, by mt blanc. Awesome place. My uncle owns a 3 bed apartment 5 mins walk from les houches ski lift. Its at the lower end of chamonix valley. Brilliant for off piste through the woods in les houches!

Off there in March for a long weekend. Hope not too slushy!

Don't matter where you go. You'll always have a good time!
Happing dude, i'm off to arsinal in andora it's not my choice of place to go would much rather go to Austria. Was all organised by a friend who has a friend working over there that he hasn't seen in a while so he decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Didn't realise you was a boarder, how long have you been boarding for then?, and where you off to in March?.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Wow quite a few years then, your a lucky man having a family member who owns a apartment in a good resort.
I like France for the choice of things at a resort but not fused on there hotel room sizes and the ridiculous prices they charge for everything. I heard that France has had loads of snow recently so if it keep on snowing there should be loads of powder to play with :smile:.

I love off piste and back country.

Wow quite a few years then, your a lucky man having a family member who owns a apartment in a good resort.
I like France for the choice of things at a resort but not fused on there hotel room sizes and the ridiculous prices they charge for everything. I heard that France has had loads of snow recently so if it keep on snowing there should be loads of powder to play with [emoji2].

I love off piste and back country.
Love off piste. Don't love the rocks that go with it though! Lol. Chamonix valley is awesome.

Wasn't that fussed on Val disere when I went though, it's a good resort, but as the resort's on its own, if you fancy a change your stuck there. Spoilt with chamonix I think as in the valley alone there's 5 odd resorts.

Been to a few other resorts within an hour's drive of chamonix too. Every time we go out to apartment we go through mt blanc tunnel to courmayer in Italy, just the other side of tunnel, love that resort! [emoji106]

Dad and uncle have been out there since 20th Dec. Dad's coming back this week. Uncle staying out the whole b*****d season, so jealous! He's just retired last year.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Fair play to your dad for being out there that long but credit were credits due your uncle definitely wins lad points for doing a season.
If we were both retired and owned a apartment we'd probably do the same in all fairness so big respect for him to be in a position to be able to do it.

I'd love to do a season especially in whistler Canada maybe in a few years i'll do one but for now got to many things going on with having the current Clio track car and the future E30 M3 project.

A mate has been to chamonix and val-disere in a chalet and said he'd go back to chamonix again.
If Val-thorens/3 valleys is near chamonix i'd try that dude, there was good non rocky off piste and the odd tree runs here and there but very expensive.

This is my 1st time at Andorra but from what I've been told the area pass where i'm going they have a heli board option available so might have the chance to do some proper Rockies and full on back country :tongueout:.

Fair play to your dad for being out there that long but credit were credits due your uncle definitely wins lad points for doing a season.
If we were both retired and owned a apartment we'd probably do the same in all fairness so big respect for him to be in a position to be able to do it.

I'd love to do a season especially in whistler Canada maybe in a few years i'll do one but for now got to many things going on with having the current Clio track car and the future E30 M3 project.

A mate has been to chamonix and val-disere in a chalet and said he'd go back to chamonix again.
If Val-thorens/3 valleys is near chamonix i'd try that dude, there was good non rocky off piste and the odd tree runs here and there but very expensive.

This is my 1st time at Andorra but from what I've been told the area pass where i'm going they have a heli board option available so might have the chance to do some proper Rockies and full on back country :tongueout:.
Yeah. My dad's proper old, 73 and still skis! Lol. Uncles worked hard all his life and just sold his dental practice. He's got the good life now, he has apartment in Ibiza for summer and this one in chamonix for winter..... If I owned it and was retired I would live out there full stop, never mind a season [emoji14]

Heli drop sounds epic! You'll have to let me know how your holiday goes. 3 valleys rings a bell, I may have been.

Next time I'll have to buy a go pro and take some video. Hopefully capture some entertaining falls [emoji14]

Would love to go Canada. Had the chance a few years back and didn't take it..... [emoji35]

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah. My dad's proper old, 73 and still skis! Lol. Uncles worked hard all his life and just sold his dental practice. He's got the good life now, he has apartment in Ibiza for summer and this one in chamonix for winter..... If I owned it and was retired I would live out there full stop, never mind a season [emoji14]

Heli drop sounds epic! You'll have to let me know how your holiday goes. 3 valleys rings a bell, I may have been.

Next time I'll have to buy a go pro and take some video. Hopefully capture some entertaining falls [emoji14]

Would love to go Canada. Had the chance a few years back and didn't take it..... [emoji35]
Yeah will let you know how the holiday goes.
Go-pro is definitely worth getting if you do a lot of activities, that's one of the reasons why i purchased mine just for holiday footage.

Me and the group are now starting to plan for a Canada trip In the future, but unlike a normal 1 resort snowboard trip we want to travel around Canada in a hired bus and do as many resorts as possible.

Yeah will let you know how the holiday goes.
Go-pro is definitely worth getting if you do a lot of activities, that's one of the reasons why i purchased mine just for holiday footage.

Me and the group are now starting to plan for a Canada trip In the future, but unlike a normal 1 resort snowboard trip we want to travel around Canada in a hired bus and do as many resorts as possible.
Yeah. I should invest in one!

That sounds superb, that's the way to do it! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] if there's a spare Sr st on the bus let me know [emoji14]

Looking at videos now..... lol. One of the resort's at chamonix has a new freestyle ramp with giant airbag at the end! Like a foam pit really. Will have to try that.
Anyway, should stop spamming the thread with snowboard chat. [emoji11]

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Quality , My mate has been on one dude, he'd done a few runs on family trip quite a few years back as he wanted to do a back flip but wasn't sure how the board would affect his balance or rotation. He said he enjoyed it that much on the last run he went hell for leather and over shoot the bag on one run but luckily he landed it ok.

Ever since that we tend to go off piste and find natural jumps/drop offs and have a mess about, we're not ones to ride piste runs all day.
Will see if I can get my friend to upload our last trip on YouTube and post it up.

Quality , My mate has been on one dude, he'd done a few runs on family trip quite a few years back as he wanted to do a back flip but wasn't sure how the board would affect his balance or rotation. He said he enjoyed it that much on the last run he went hell for leather and over shoot the bag on one run but luckily he landed it ok.

Ever since that we tend to go off piste and find natural jumps/drop offs and have a mess about, we're not ones to ride piste runs all day.
Will see if I can get my friend to upload our last trip on YouTube and post it up.
Lol! Awesome.

You sound just like me, I leave my family etc go on down piste and I go off piste all day, love carving through woods!

Thought I was clever the one day and a main piste used to get down mountain to the bottom was closed with barriers and warning signs across it.

So family said well have to take the lift down. Being clever, I said "nah, I'll go down, how bad can it be? Rest of mountain is fine!"..... turns out really bad! Lol. Was the hardest run I ever done, I was ruined!

First few meters was fine. It quickly went bad, never knew there was so many streams and rocks on that piste, lol. You don't see them when there's a meter or so of snow [emoji14]

It got to the point where I was jumping over streams and holes, and even jumping from patch of snow to patch of snow as all grass and rocks was exposed.... I won't be going down any closed piste again. [emoji41]

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Haha reading your closed piste run madness reminds me of a run me and a friend done with same outcome we actually had to jump a concrete road at one point lol. That's the problem we all think it can't be that bad but soon realise we f**cked up and there's no turning back and potentially costing you a new board :rage:.

I just asked my mate for the link but as its 40+ min long he said he never put it on YouTube, but here's a quick 3min vid of the stuff we get up too thrown in with all the other activities we do.

Haha reading your closed piste run madness reminds me of a run me and a friend done with same outcome we actually had to jump a concrete road at one point lol. That's the problem we all think it can't be that bad but soon realise we f**cked up and there's no turning back and potentially costing you a new board :rage:.

I just asked my mate for the link but as its 40+ min long he said he never put it on YouTube, but here's a quick 3min vid of the stuff we get up too thrown in with all the other activities we do.

Yeah. Was a good job my boards crap anyway. Plenty of scars, lol. I got it home now, can trash it up a local mountain if we ever get snow [emoji41] Will buy or rent next time I'm out.

Awesome video. Looks like you all have a great laugh! What quarry is that your all jumping in?

Love some of the board falls at the end. Some falls I've had in deep powder are some of the best memories of boarding strangely..... it's just so funny when you faceplant into a meter odd of snow [emoji38]

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Cheers dude, yeah last year was by far one of the best for adrenaline filled hobbies and hope this year will be the same.

The quary is called blue lagoon (plenty of videos on YouTube) its in abereiddy down west wales the Red Bull cliff diving competition uses it from time to time, if you ever get the chance go its looks easy from the sitting area you walk to it but when your at the top looking down (especially at low tide) it's ridiculously scary how high it is.

Haha i'm definitely with you on quality face-plants or bails in deep powder being great memories :tongueout:, sadly it sucks when your trying to walk back to a rideable track to carry on :weary: haha.

Yeah. I'm with you on that one. One time I didn't lean back enough and nose dived in deep powder....
My God, what a struggle. I was on my back and couldn't even get up on my feet cos I couldn't push off the ground with my hands, they just sank full arm length with no resistance, as it was just super deep fluffy powder....

I unclipped, dug out board and tried to walk.. couldn't as it was so deep. Lol! I was there about half hour. The only way I got out as clipping back in and used the tip of a nearby tree/Bush sticking out of snow to pull myself forward to get moving.

Was proper starting to panic! [emoji14] Was freaky how incapable of moving I was in that powder, was like quick sand! Never experienced the same trouble in powder before or since. Must have been a big snow drift I was on or something.
I f**king love snowboarding [emoji3] [emoji106]

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Oh man that had me in stiches, haha reading that and have been in a similar position at one point is like your re living the ordeal again haha quality:smile:.

I have now found it easier getting out of powder by simply rolling onto my stomach and bend my legs to try and use the board as a load plate, sometimes it works a treat.
There is a much harder way that I've figured out one holiday is do the caterpillar shuffle haha, only problem, to do 10feet will take you about 25min and soon knackers you out and give you stomach cramps by the end of it haha:tongueout:.
Can imagine it being a proper "you've been framed" lmao momment for on lookers going past though. :up:

Last edited:
Yeah. Probably very funny for all onlookers! On that occasion I was on my own, but had many falls under ski lifts, can hear people laughing and cheering. All part of the fun!

That's 1 good thing with skis, you have poles to boost you up.
It is hard work sometimes. But powders well worth it! Dunno if I can wait till March...... lol. May have to visit a snow dome somewhere...

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry to be a killjoy lads but can we keep the thread for posts relevant to the meet?

On that note...

Again...going to need to start getting the deposits in soon so we can get everything booked in ASAP. PayPal is the same as before £15 deposit to be sent to eotl.promo@gmail.com the remainding £15.75 to be paid on the day.

Attending.
1. Filters :stig: Reigning champion.

Right all those other pesky folks I work with on my shift have actually decided they want that weekend off and got there about a month before me so I won't get the day off.
However I finish work between 6:30 and 7pm... If I had a bit of time for me to nail it from here to Newport (within the confines of the law of course) then I'll be there. :tongueout:
Though if you guys go during the day I'll have to sit this one out!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right all those other pesky folks I work with on my shift have actually decided they want that weekend off and got there about a month before me so I won't get the day off.
However I finish work between 6:30 and 7pm... If I had a bit of time for me to nail it from here to Newport (within the confines of the law of course) then I'll be there. :tongueout:
Though if you guys go during the day I'll have to sit this one out!

I have no idea what time we'll be going chap or if we'll be going at all. No ones put down a deposit yet and same as last time, we need a minimum of 8 people attending.

Sort it out lads, get the deposits in!

Yeah. We need some names down! I'll put my deposit within a week.

I'm booking a weekend away in Feb.
So need to find out when me and the Mrs can get time off together, and hopefully it won't be on 28th.
Once I know for sure I'll put deposit in. [emoji106]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Alright chaps hope everyone's good.
There's 23 days to go now until the 28th so were cutting it fine to get t booked now.

Not a single deposit has been sent over yet so I'm questioning if people have lost interest and aren't to interested in having another karting meet?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right lads I'm sorry to say but the karting meet is officially cancelled now.

No deposits have been put forward and no real interest shown this time around which is a bit of a shame.

No idea when the next meet is as I'm spending the next few weeks/months finally getting berg#1 sorted for CSS and a track car sorted. But will try and fit stuff in if and where possible.

In the mean time chat amongst your selves and catch you all soon!

Shame it didn't get going this time.... really enjoyed the last.

Didn't see point in sending my deposit through as to be honest, as almost nobody else has even mentioned interest never mind a deposit. [emoji17]

Hopefully we do another sometime? Don't know what put people off another kart meet.

How the berg coming? I noticed you got short changed on a set of f1s. That was bad play by the other guy