ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went onto Nova Forum....

FFS...all they go on about is how the 2.0ls and turbos will kill you....well of cause!

At the end of the day, a standard or mildly tuned GTE/GSI wont compete with the valver.

Ive raced a pretty tuned GTE when mine was standard and wiped the floor with him, but sadly no recent experience against a 2.0l now mine is pushing around 160bhp.

If they wanna talk big about tuned/transplanted engines, remember we can do the same in our clios. Im sure adis 2.0 or nicks turbo will embarress a good few of them......

i dont think i hate any car moore than i do f**kin novas! i would have a saxo before havin a friggin nova and thats bad man!

what a bunch of kids.

they challanged the clio 16v and put it up against the fastest novas in there forum. Its just a standard clio and its faster than ANY nova. If we went in with one of the tubo/2 litre conversions then im sure that would shut them up LOL. Or that orange 1.2 sleeper i hear so much about.

Bloody kids and there novas.

At the end of the day clios are french!!!

That says ut all really!! LOL!!

Rattles, fall apart..... where shall i stop!!

Mate of mine has a 172 Cup, and his gear lever gator fell off the other day!! LOL!! suppose its charactor LOL!!

Clio Cups look nice and are quick, well ish!!! but then end of the day they are French!! as for the 182s again look nice... but those wheels are awful!

:D

Cheers

Nick

your absoloutley right.

Although Novas arnt french there were all designed in about 18:40 BC so i dont think much can be said.

Everyone on this board excepts renaults poor build qualtiy its the other things about the clios that draw so many in.

Oh and quickish yea right fast as hell for 13k!!!!!!!!

Volvo S60 T5

Novas , lad at works got one, I have motd loads of em, most of them are rusted to bugger, horrible drive and they rattle to bugger.
Build quality in my opinion it utter crap and they got sh*tty tack interior.
End of the day the nova no longer made(thank fook).
I wouldnt want to put a big engine with a turbo in a car with a flimsy rusty chassis, the amount of Novas I have seen with the front chassis that has come away from the car due to rust has suprised me big time.

OK so our french cars aint the best build quality in the world, but we got all the mod cons, ESP/ABS/XEXONS/LEATHER INTERIOR and so on.
I expect some Novas are a bit mental but most are owned by young lads.

All the ones I have had a blast with I have slaughtered big time.

I expect Im gona get a load of sh*t for this post but I speak the truth!;)

Clio Williams No123

i wouldnt pay that much money for something with dodgy electrics and trim that looks like it was part of stevie wonders practice car when he decided to take up factory work.

Made me laugh.

None

The novas round where i live suck - ppl round here treat 1.2 novas like supercars until i whip by them in my 1.2 lol

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Would expect the 16v clio to be same as GTE or GSi?

HELLOO!

1.8 16v twin cam 137bhp vs poxy little rust bin with 1.6 8v hampster driven engine!!

DOH!!

Novas are all sh*t even the fastest of the fastest!!

Funny sometimes but still rather have class than outright speed.

LOL!!!

Hit a nerve have we!!

Your right most novas are rusted to bugger... but there are exceptions you know!!

All the ones done properly have all the engine bay etc strengthened with a twelve plate Harry Hockley kit and are also stitch welded, strengthened TCAs, lowered tie bar brackets etc etc, one particular NOva has achieved a 11.9 1/4 mile at santa pod!!

As for young lads driving them i have to agree, they are scalleys!! its only a minority, thankfully they are moving to the Saxo... pheww!!

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/Various/Mvc-005fac.jpg

As for interiors well..... not all are liike you say!!

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/Various/Leather%20Interior_04a.jpg

YOu say all the ones youve been up against youve slaughtered.... only the scalley ones i bet ;)

Cheers

Nick

i think the intelligence of a nova driver really does come down to them thinking that RoyBacer.net is a comical/clever web domain

Jay

[Edited by boyracer666 on 30 April 2004 at 2:04pm]

111s

When does it cease to be a nova? And become some stripped out, rally prepared, kit car?

Lets all go quids in and mount a rolls royce jet in a 16v clio.:D

Personally, im quite happy to sit in my nice comfy leather/ suede seats with the air con on, while nova boy goes bouncing and spinning down the road. Making some ungodly racket. Leave them to it.

Remember theres always somebody with deeper pockets thats faster. (RCs evo, 618bhp ATW!!)

Quote: Originally posted by knoxville on 30 April 2004

When does it cease to be a nova? And become some stripped out, rally prepared, kit car?

Lets all go quids in and mount a rolls royce jet in a 16v clio.:D

Personally, im quite happy to sit in my nice comfy leather/ suede seats with the air con on, while nova boy goes bouncing and spinning down the road. Making some ungodly racket. Leave them to it.

Remember theres always somebody with deeper pockets thats faster. (RCs evo, 618bhp ATW!!)
bloody hell someones grown up

old git :p

totally agree though, leave em to it

Quote: Originally posted by clio-anorak on 30 April 2004

I wouldnt laught it off... you guys will be eating his dust!!

Hell be having the last laugh!!

LOL!!

Any 2.0 16v Turbo done properly will kill any Clio 172/182/Cup!! 280bhp plus..bye bye!!

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.eds-motorsport.de/indexenglisch.htmhttp://www.eds-motorsport.de/indexenglisch.htm

Ive seen it for myelf many a time at Pod or Penine Raceway (York!!)

Cheers

Nick
Yeah lets compare a kit car to a production car yeah?

Obviously its gunna win!

What about a tuned turboed valver? Do you think it will beat that so easily?

111s

Clio-analrak, i dont think youre listening. No ones really that bothered because its still a nova... granted it might be quick in a straight line, just like a bullet... but then they cant go round corners either. :D

111s

Any 2.0 16v Turbo done properly will kill any Clio 172/182/Cup!! 280bhp plus..bye bye!!
Alright then. Ill supercharge and 4wd my 172. Do you usually say bye bye as cars overtake you?

Like i said before deep pockets win, not cars.

I wouldnt laught it off... you guys will be eating his dust!!

Hell be having the last laugh!!

LOL!!

http://www.eds-motorsport.de/indexenglisch.htmhttp://www.eds-motorsport.de/indexenglisch.htm

Ive seen it for myelf many a time at Pod or Penine Raceway (York!!)

Cheers

Nick

Mate there are 350-400BHP Turbod 2.0ltr Valvers on here! Amen

Dream on.... they are still french and will still fall apart!! LOL!!

People started calling novas..... nova = scalley!! my point is not all Nova drivers are scalleys.... you could say the same about the older clios, young scalleys drive them..... but most are now going for saxos...

There are people who are vaux enthusiasts, just like you lot are Renault enthusiasts... it could be a Nova/Corsa/ Astra... who cares, each to there own!!

There are always loads of Novas in various guises at Pod/York and they seem to give most things a run for there money! Renaults on the other hand arnt as common....

As for not handleing......mmm... think you need to do abit of homeworK!! they still piss on cars far newer at various rallies, track days etc .....

I would also say that if you have deep pockets the Vaux 2.0 16xe / LET (turbo) are far more tuneable than the renault engines... simple ecu upgrades and bigger FMIC give big power increases, if you look at the web site url

http://www.eds-motorsport.de/indexenglisch.htmhttp://www.eds-motorsport.de/indexenglisch.htm

you can see there whats possible....

I like the Clios, my mate has a 172 Cup, but wouldnt have one... no way, another friend had a MK1 172 which also went well.... again i wouldnt have one, just french... crap build quality etc etc, i would rather spend the money on CTR, proper build quailty, no rattles etc etc...

Cheers

Nick

Jesus you lot are so easy to wind up!!

I am talking about Novas which are done properly, not the scalley ones!!

Anyway, if your going to be nasty.... there are plenty of scalleys who live near me who drive your shape clio.... the ones which are ugly!! never liked that shape....sorry but thats just me!

This is much better!!

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/Various/Mvc-004ffab.jpg

Not bad for 14 years old!!! i wonder if your clio will still be around then?? i doubt it!!

Go on have another rant... this is funny!! LOL!!

Cheers

NIck

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Oh alright then!

That nova is an ugly duckling.

Early valvers are J plate (12 years old and theres plenty about!)

Before the valver there was the R5 GTT, again there are plenty about and there even older!

How can you say renault are sh*t?