ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went onto Nova Forum....

quite impressed m8, TBH Im not really keen on Novas, but its nice to see a clean well looked after beast of one. I live not far from stockport if you wanna comparison some time... I prolly wont be much challenge tho!

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 02 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 02 May 2004

Brazo, to be fair I think your missing the point, 2l Novas dont exist in the same respect 2.0 Valvers technically dont exist. Put the 2l engine in a you have a fast lightweight car. I really dont like Novas, but a clean original looking 2l example I certainly wouldnt look down on it. Also the cost is minimal compared to the Clio, and its understandable why people do it as like Clean16v says, as it will hammer most things and would make a great track day car.
Have to give you that one the turn in and handling on those novas is second to none:sick:

i think youll find the 2.0l lump is slightly too heavy for the car and f**ks up its handeling as its way too front end heavy with the conversion. thats why peeps go for the alloy 1.8 lump which gives good performance whilst retaining the good handeling characteristics of the car.

and u also have to weld the engine bay struts etc as 150bhp will tear it to pieces.

Jabba.... the best one to go for is a 1.6 16v on throttle bodies... SBD use that engine in there car.... makes about 230 bhp.... slots into a nova dead easy!

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/SBD/Mvc-815fa.jpg

As long as you have all chassis strengthening etc (12 plate harry hockley kit)done to the front of the car and stitch welding as described in the build manual (rally car) the car drives exactly where you point it and handles far better....2.0 16v novas are still used for rallying, hill climbs and rally cross and kick ass!! One which hasnt had all this work done is a waste of time you cant use the power etc... (at one time mine was like that...it was nasty!!)

clean16v.... i remember a post from ages ago, you mentioned somewhere i think you where driving....?? you have a cup?? lowered, Devil back box?? shop at Sainsburys Hazel Grove?? you know Pugboy?? also a cup owner..

Cheers

Nick

Mehdi, when your motors runnin could get a little mini meet, wouldnt mind seeing what these 2.0l conversions go like, may be an interesting duel with yours?

no probs mate! let me know. its goin straight form garage to bodyshop, hten to GDI, but after the 23rd it should be sweet as a nut!
From the races ive had with them before, there is f**k all in it till the speeds get higher, even then there is not a lot in it....but then ive only raced standard ones...........

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I h8 Novas pesonally, Esp the rust buckets that arnt road worthy! BUT, There are smart ones as shown above^^^ So if you like novas good on you! "Just cant seem to put the words: Nova, NED and Burbury out of my mind tho!!"

Who said its cheap to do a 2.0l conversion on a Nova?

My mate has a show Nova with a kit and mental flip paint and naturaly wanted to put a 2.0l in to finish it!

The cheapest quote he got was with JustVaux and they still wanted 2.5k!

Thats to do it properly anyway!

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 05 May 2004

no probs mate! let me know. its goin straight form garage to bodyshop, hten to GDI, but after the 23rd it should be sweet as a nut!
From the races ive had with them before, there is f**k all in it till the speeds get higher, even then there is not a lot in it....but then ive only raced standard ones...........
u will need to represent for the Clio m8! Anyone know anything about this turbo kit that K-Tec do, it says 2-3k but how much is it actually gonna cost I wonder...

Valver o Death - Your mates Nova... did it have a kit on it done by Sabre??? does he live in oldham?

Incidently the engine conversions are pretty staright forward... you can pick up an 2.0XE & gearbox for about £350/£400. i reckon youd be looking about £1500 tops al in...

I also have a mate of mine who would do it for him, your mate would have to source all the bits....

Clean16v.. tell me abit about your clio....

Cheers

Nick

Quote: Originally posted by clio-anorak on 05 May 2004

Incidently the engine conversions are pretty staright forward... you can pick up an 2.0XE & gearbox for about £350/£400. i reckon youd be looking about £1500 tops al in... Bloody el thats cheap for that kind of power increase!

Clean16v.. tell me abit about your clio.... Ssshhh!!! Its his top secret project car ;). Its an animal m8, makes my car look slow!

Cheers

Nick

clio-anorak - Nah mate its down by Bristol. It was built by Autovison Styling? Its only a 1.2 at the mo but it is kitted, big wheels, mad flip paint, buckets, coilovers - you name it, its got it! Apart ofcourse from the engine!

2.5k was to stitch weld, balance the weight. Loadsa sh*t!

It may be on autovisons website - i aint sure.

http://www.autovisionstyling.co.ukwww.autovisionstyling.co.uk

Tell me more then!!
dont mean to be rude mate , but what are you doing on a clio site if you cane clios and you love Novas? Surely you would be better off on a nova forum?

im a car enthusiast mate...

im on many Vauxhall forums... migweb, novaload, vxlscc etc etc

Looked on here as a mate of mine has a 172 Cup... he told me to check it out as there are topics which will make me laugh!! Like this did at the beginning!!

Its only a little bit of fun at the end of the day!!

All in good spirit etc...

Cheers

Nick

i know it is bud , i was just wondered thats all as i found it a little strange :) But then again some ppl r like that i guess.

Good luck to ya

never liked novas, just dont like the image that goes with them.

Seen one blow up along side of me before lol. The guy took an inside lane and wanted to cut in front. As he came up the side of me hes engine must have gone. The parkway into sheffield was engulfed in blue smoke. Was proper piss funny, good job there was nowt infront of me would have hit it for sure me eyes were blurred from laughing so hard :D

Tell me more then!!
Ill let him tell ya m8, seems to be always having stuff done to it too! Its the fastest valver ive ever seen anyway m8, when he went past me I couldnt believe it! Check out driving tales search for got smoked.

well what have you done to it??

Any pics?

Ill know not to mess with you if i see you driving about!! Esecially on the woodford bypass... you know through Bramhall Village and turn right on to the bypass heading towards handforth dean!! ;)

Cheers

Nick

well what have you done to it??

Any pics?

Ill know not to mess with you if i see you driving about!! Esecially on the woodford bypass... you know through Bramhall Village and turn right on to the bypass heading towards handforth dean!! ;)

Cheers

Nick
by that I take it you are pretty local? not seen you about at all...

I know the lad who owns that black Nova, and it is absolutely mint, and fast, but ultimately a show car. The reason no bits ever fall off is because he very rarely drives it and he replaces everything. I do more miles in one month than he does in a year! ......I reckon hes spent 25k or more on it over the years too...

bring it on Mr anorak!

:D