ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went to GDI on saturday....

as above, I went to GDI to see Andy to get the fueling problem sorted, as the car was using a fair bit of fuel when not being driven hard and only slightly more when being booted... very odd! The other problem was it had some monumental juddering especially when trying to hold a constant speed on the motorway.

I spoke to Andy and he said to bring it in, so I got to the new premises (very pimp!) and was welcomed by the gang and off they went.

We got Andy's laptop hooked upto the OMEX to check the mapping and it wasn't the same map that the car came out the first time with, comparing it with Andy's graphs it had been 'messed' with, as the ignition and fuel cut limiters were set at 8k and 7.5k, but on previous map they were at 7.6k on both! Not only that but it was overfuelling at low and mid range and running a touch lean up top.

Andy was playing about with it for a good while on idle and it immediately started to sound different and less stressed and the idle was much much better, so after a bit more fettling he and Mark went out for some Fast & Furious on road mapping (which looked cool with the cables and AFR meters all over the windscreen lol). A short while later Andy and Mark came back and Andy got me to take it for a spin, so I drove it to get some petrol from the local garage and f**k me what a difference! It drives sooooo much better, it's like a normal car now (albeit much quicker), in that I can just floor it from low revs and the thing just f***s off, but the big test was in 5th from low end acceleration... passed with flying colours! Now, I never once got near the redline in this test, but knew it would be fine there as it drove okay before in the higher revs.. what I wasn't quite ready for was the difference in power... christ is it quick now! Coming onto the slip road in 2nd to merge with the motorway and I decided to give it a test and it felt much more keen, but change into 3rd and it lit up torque steering all over the place :cool: The added power and torque mean I'm going to have to get used to it all over again, but thats a good thing imo :)

Big thanks to Andy and the team for looking after me for the day and sorting the car out and thanks for topping up the oil and giving the filter a clean... I never knew it had Jenvey written on there :eek: pmsl

(and those cakes they sell at the garage are f**king bad ass! nailed the lot on the way back!)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
good work mate!

that sounds similar to mine when i was running no lambda, the extra fuel was flooding the engine and it would jolt with too much gas.

Enjoy!! :D

Wicked dude

My cup was having it's 36k service and inlet manifold modded on sat aswell!!

The cup was also like driving a different car on the way home, So much smoother and quicker!!

GDI!! Highly recommended!!

sounds similar Craig, mine was worst on the motorway, when you see a hill it was best to just leave the throttle position, let the car slow down and then build its speed back itself once the hill is out the way, otherwise correcting it resulted in major judderage! lol
None of that now though, plus the noise it makes is actually a bit different now, you can hear that body noise much more and it sounds like a Scooby on tickover! hehe
nique, was that your cup that was there sat, or you mean your going in this saturday? inlets a good mod as is the 182 fanimold on the stock engines.

Yup, Andy's a good lad and knows his s**t, well, all the lads and lasses there do, it's a great setup they have and some impressive motors there, that Spyder is awesome, I remember when that was first being done and it's come a long way now... those wheels are just toooo nice

Yeah that was mine, with the elf windmirror decals. I've got the 182 fanimould. ITG Maxogen, de-cat, eventually it'll go back to Andy to have a remap and cams.

Yeah that spyder was pretty cool, Pearlescent paint and yeah those wheels....

looked good mate, cams and remap are deffo a good upgrade... although throttle bodies I'd say is the best thing ever, the noise alone is worth the money!

R

rich[182]

Have GDI now got an onsite Rolling Road since moving premises ?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
'messed with' some have a go laptop hero, best left to the pros. good to hear its sorted. get some vids up...and dont be puting any music over the top of the tb's! ;)

throttle bodied mk2 172
as above, I went to GDI to see Andy to get the fueling problem sorted, as the car was using a fair bit of fuel when not being driven hard and only slightly more when being booted... very odd! The other problem was it had some monumental juddering especially when trying to hold a constant speed on the motorway.

I spoke to Andy and he said to bring it in, so I got to the new premises (very pimp!) and was welcomed by the gang and off they went.

We got Andy's laptop hooked upto the OMEX to check the mapping and it wasn't the same map that the car came out the first time with, comparing it with Andy's graphs it had been 'messed' with, as the ignition and fuel cut limiters were set at 8k and 7.5k, but on previous map they were at 7.6k on both! Not only that but it was overfuelling at low and mid range and running a touch lean up top.

Andy was playing about with it for a good while on idle and it immediately started to sound different and less stressed and the idle was much much better, so after a bit more fettling he and Mark went out for some Fast & Furious on road mapping (which looked cool with the cables and AFR meters all over the windscreen lol). A short while later Andy and Mark came back and Andy got me to take it for a spin, so I drove it to get some petrol from the local garage and f**k me what a difference! It drives sooooo much better, it's like a normal car now (albeit much quicker), in that I can just floor it from low revs and the thing just f**ks off, but the big test was in 5th from low end acceleration... passed with flying colours! Now, I never once got near the redline in this test, but knew it would be fine there as it drove okay before in the higher revs.. what I wasn't quite ready for was the difference in power... christ is it quick now! Coming onto the slip road in 2nd to merge with the motorway and I decided to give it a test and it felt much more keen, but change into 3rd and it lit up torque steering all over the place :cool: The added power and torque mean I'm going to have to get used to it all over again, but thats a good thing imo :)

Big thanks to Andy and the team for looking after me for the day and sorting the car out and thanks for topping up the oil and giving the filter a clean... I never knew it had Jenvey written on there :eek: pmsl

(and those cakes they sell at the garage are f**king bad ass! nailed the lot on the way back!)
very nice to hear stuff about throttle bodies.

I've been a customer of Andy's before, well pleased with the way the car is running at the moment :D

Will get some vids up when the weather's a little better and in daylight... maybe a private road speedo vid for you all ;)

Dirty E91

Andy was playing about with it for a good while on idle and it immediately started to sound different and less stressed and the idle was much much better, so after a bit more fettling he and Mark went out for some Fast & Furious on road mapping (which looked cool with the cables and AFR meters all over the windscreen lol). A short while later Andy and Mark came back and Andy got me to take it for a spin, so I drove it to get some petrol from the local garage and f**k me what a difference! It drives sooooo much better, it's like a normal car now (albeit much quicker), in that I can just floor it from low revs and the thing just f**ks off, but the big test was in 5th from low end acceleration... passed with flying colours! Now, I never once got near the redline in this test, but knew it would be fine there as it drove okay before in the higher revs.. what I wasn't quite ready for was the difference in power... christ is it quick now! Coming onto the slip road in 2nd to merge with the motorway and I decided to give it a test and it felt much more keen, but change into 3rd and it lit up torque steering all over the place :cool: The added power and torque mean I'm going to have to get used to it all over again, but thats a good thing imo :)

Where's this garage then? I'm taking my car in for it's 36k service a week on Friday, be rude not to try them while I'm waiting!

CS Dungeon
Top stuff Jesus, did you see my Willy while you was there?

You should of PM'd me dude, i'm only 15 mins from GDi and would of popped up to see you

CS Dungeon

Where's this garage then? I'm taking my car in for it's 36k service a week on Friday, be rude not to try them while I'm waiting!

Bicton ind estate, Kimbolton, PE28 OLP iirc

Martyn, it's the only garage near there for miles around, it leads back onto the A14... tis all I know, but those cakes... mmmmm :approve:

I'll be heading back up that way again soonish anyway mate, so pm me your mobile and I'll drop you a line next time I'm in the area :)

Ali, no, think that's more wishful thinking from the Scottish bandwagon'eers. GDI are still going strongly, I dont think the narrow minded views of keyboard warriors is enough to do any damage to be honest. 220+ bhp says it all really ;)

Dirty E91
I'm only in Bedford which I reckon is about 30 mins away, should be easier to get to then the old place!

Glad to here you got it sorted.

Did he explain why he didnt just load the ECU with the original map that was on the car when it left GDI? Dont get why he spent the time remapping the car when he could have spent 2 minutes loading the original map back on.

What car do you own Jesus?

172 Ph1 on ITB's mate

Glad to here you got it sorted.

Did he explain why he didnt just load the ECU with the original map that was on the car when it left GDI? Dont get why he spent the time remapping the car when he could have spent 2 minutes loading the original map back on.

well I went to have the car re-mapped and a checkover anyway. The idle was rough when I went in, so after sorting out Andy's laptop he fixed that, took it for a drive and it was only once he'd driven it and started to tweak it that he noticed they were comlpetely different... so bit late by then, but it was being mapped on a wide band AFR anyway, so didn't really warrent it

more likely it was corrupted on my Omex, or as Haitch says, some have a go hero has had a quick fiddle lol (it wasn't me before anyone starts)

It wasn't me either that played with it. Strange how it was completely different to how it left when I had the work done.

Good news its working propper now mate. Would love to see it again.

Would be good to see how it performs against my new motor....

DSC00096.gif

lol, yeah I'm not pointing a finger Chris, it was just different to how it was originally, but I wasn't really concerned, it was still great... now it's imense :D

would love to have a comparison with your new beast... give me a few months and I'll be running 250ish bhp once I have a fully developed bottom end :D

Seb - work is for gheys! ;) no worries mate, I'll be up that way soonish anyway to see my mates down that way :)

throttle bodied mk2 172
It wasn't me either that played with it. Strange how it was completely different to how it left when I had the work done.

Good news its working propper now mate. Would love to see it again.

Would be good to see how it performs against my new motor....

DSC00096.gif
he will kick your a....