ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Midlands General Chat thread

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Its the classic sports and car races+national kit and performance car show at donington park this weekend(30/31 august),entry is £15 on the gate....seems like a bargain for all thats happening.Me and the mrs are going on sunday,anyone else up for this...would be good to convoy down.

Looking to get some bits sprayed on the car:

Bonnet,
bumper,
both wings,
mirror caps

Also got loads of dents I need pulling out. Can anyone recommend a decent bodyshop around Tamworth? I know of Ultimate car solutions, thats about it..

Cheers!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Its the classic sports and car races+national kit and performance car show at donington park this weekend(30/31 august),entry is £15 on the gate....seems like a bargain for all thats happening.Me and the mrs are going on sunday,anyone else up for this...would be good to convoy down.

Skip this....decided to go for a run to barmouth instead on sunday as the weather is going to be sunny.

Flame red 200t
Looking to get some bits sprayed on the car:

Bonnet,
bumper,
both wings,
mirror caps

Also got loads of dents I need pulling out. Can anyone recommend a decent bodyshop around Tamworth? I know of Ultimate car solutions, thats about it..

Cheers!

tcr or midlands car care pal

Swift Sport

Cheers for the heads up, think I'm going to go to that :)

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
What's insurance like then? How old are you? (If you don't mind me asking)
I'm 17, been driving for 8 months and iirc I payed to avoid a black box as I go out to work at awkward times and it was about £2600 to insure standard

I'm 17, been driving for 8 months and iirc I payed to avoid a black box as I go out to work at awkward times and it was about £2600 to insure standard
Fwark that's a lot! I started driving at 20 so I missed all this haha, the 182 was £1200 when I got it, 1.2 was only £900 :)

17 is a tough age to get a car that doesn't cost the earth though lol!

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Fwark that's a lot! I started driving at 20 so I missed all this haha, the 182 was £1200 when I got it, 1.2 was only £900 :)

17 is a tough age to get a car that doesn't cost the earth though lol!
Yeah the Clio hasn't been a bad car just its rather awkward to insure but I couldn't get much cheaper without going for a van

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well he's a mechanic and knows his sh*t, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend him... What's the issue?
Non starter, bit of an odd one though as its weak spark on all 6 cylinders but a, unable to trace any faults in the wiring

Megane 225 f1
Stourbridge mate.
Look out for me bud i'm in s'bridge most weeks. If you are still struggling to get your springs fitted next week let me know and i'l do it for you, but would prefer if you could get the car to my work in worcester. Iam flat out this week otherwise i would offer

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate I will give you a shout if they aren't on by then. I just don't have the tools to do it here, or the space.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I can offer on Sunday...Saturday I am flat out and during the week it's too dark.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Just following on from the Evo Triangle thread here....its terrible when you have money sitting waiting but when you ask friends,garages for quotes and they either come back too high or just make you wait two or three days...grrrrrrr.