ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet carpet under driver’s seat

Chaps,

Serious comments only please!! 2001 172.

The carpet under the drivers seat is soaking. I took it into the main dealer a few weeks ago, and they said that some drainage holes in the body had become blocked. The said that it would be fine after theyd cleared them.

It hasnt rained recently, and I havent run through any water. Ive booked it in again this morning to be looked at next week.

I think that the water is coming from the car itself rather than externally. Where does the hose for the rear screen washer run? Could this be the prob? Surely no other water from the cars systems could get there. The rear footwell and passenger side are dry.

Thanks for your help.

AJ.

are you losing water?

mark your two bottles and monitor, but try not to use the washer. if it is soaking then it wont be long b4 you can tell.

another thing the wet would smell of screenwash - have a sniff.

I had an old Ren19 that used to soak the drivers carpet. Found out in the end that the washer pipes ran down the inside of the car under the the trim, one of the pipes had come unjoined and pissed water out quite merrily whenever it was used.

172 cup TT

my cup has this right now... but its pasenger side, and reno have found its a door seal or something.. theyve ordered it and when it arrives itll be in for a few hours to fit.. i dont think that is the exact problem as one of my grommets is missing under the passenger seat... i can see the road.. surely over time and "floating" spray on a motorway would go up and gradually soak the carpet.. but hey they are ordering one of them too.

Oh and the rear washer bottle pipe runs down the passenger side...

Thanks guys. I think that the leak is actually coming from under the dash, and finding the lowest point in the footwell. Hopefully Reno will sort it on Monday. I still think that it may be a washer hose leak, but only a small one thats activated when I use it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

there is a water pipe running from the front to the back of the car under the plastic trim, cant remember which side it is, but its defo there! (chances are it is for the rear wash/wipe). I reckon thats your best bet.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. The blocked aircon drainage was spot on...but it did take the dealer 5 hours to locate the problem!

All OK now...hopefully. Thanks again.