ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet roof...

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I suspect that this is a fairly common fault but the passenger side front corner of the headlining in my ph2 Dynamique was soaking wet when I got into it tonight.
I had an inkling that it was the sunroof but the lining round about that was fine, and the wetness is only above the passenger door window/next to the sun visor.
This is the first time I've had big rain since I got the car so I can't say I've seen it before.

Any ideas? :(

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Its a sunroof problem,

Best to take the roof lining off and re-seal the sunroof, mine still does it to this day, but not as much as it used to

Oil Burner
Mine had this in december. Pretty easy fix, takes about 2 hours tops.

Renault actually produce a fix for this issue (so they clearly know about it), what their fix is is basically a piece of self adhesive foam rubber. For the princely sum of £35. Being a skint student type i decided to check out homebase. 2 mins later £5 had got me a huge reel of draft excluder, actually self adhesive on both sides but i left one side on.

You dont need to remove all the head lining to fit this. Take the rubber strip around the sunroof off, the headlining half drops down (i also took off the light to get more access around the front part of the sun roof). Then use a ring spanner (ratchet ring spanner will save you ages) to undo the hundreds of bolts around the underneath of the sunroof.

Lift out all the sun roof bits, take off all the old sealant on the car and sunroof fittings.

Then get the metal frame that sits between the skin of the car and plastic sunroof bits, you need to fit the foam rubber strips along the top edge of this. I also put a load of new clear sealant on the underside of the plastic that sits ontop of the roof skin (makes sense when you have it apart)

Now just do up all the bolts and it should of stopped the leaking. Did in my case.

Clio 1.2
I have been having the same problem and i think mine is the sunroof aswell, I went to renault to see if i could buy new seals for it and they wer looking £70 plus vat for the top seal and for the bottom seal £40 plus vat, I asked them how much would it be to get them to fit the new seals they sayed 480 :eek: its a joke if u ask me! So i tryed it myself, took my sunroof off and the rubber seal that the glass sits on i think wasnt on properly so i took it off and cleaned it and put tac 7 around the seal and let it stick i only did this today so i will lt you now how i got on. Has anyone else any ideas or does anyone no wer u can get cheaper seals?

Oil Burner
I have been having the same problem and i think mine is the sunroof aswell, I went to renault to see if i could buy new seals for it and they wer looking £70 plus vat for the top seal and for the bottom seal £40 plus vat, I asked them how much would it be to get them to fit the new seals they sayed 480 :eek: its a joke if u ask me! So i tryed it myself, took my sunroof off and the rubber seal that the glass sits on i think wasnt on properly so i took it off and cleaned it and put tac 7 around the seal and let it stick i only did this today so i will lt you now how i got on. Has anyone else any ideas or does anyone no wer u can get cheaper seals?

The seals on my sunroof lifted on the corners but this wasnt the issue. If its wet by the sun visor then i think its the seal between the metal frame and roof skin or the sealant underneath the plastic trim between the top of the roof skin and sunroof surround.