ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s The Ultimate Exhaust System! Opinions Plz

I was thinking about a custom middle section with a universal 5" backbox! But have now gone off the idea.

Im now thinking of a K-Tec Racing Power Exhaust System & De-Cat pipe, with a 3 1/2" tailpipe. What do you all think? Im also thinking about replacing the manifold as well, is it really worth it?

Im just after a quality, powerful, LOUD exhaust!

Would really appreciate peoples opinions and what you all got on your motors!

Audi S3

Ive got a Scorpian exaust on mine sounds gorgeous and its loud if u want it to be and quiet ish if u dont!
Perfect in my opinion!

MAtt

hmmm id say go for any back box thats of high quality, ie welds and tail pipe are superb, then get powerflow or another company to weld u on a straight thro pipe from the back box all the way to the manifold.

if its noise ur after then make sure the only silencer u have is the one in the back box. dont bother with the decat pipe either.

Ray

Im guessing you wouldnt bother with the de-cat because the straight through pipe would replace the cat. I was thinking about a longlife middle section, but arent sure about it being staight through! Wouldnt this make the middle section sit a lot lower than normal. I cant really avoid speed bumps where I live!

a perfect exhaust is nota straight through for one. If your looking for the best, it quite hard and you have to go into tunned lengths and bends to make use of teh pulse waves......

i doubt any system on the MKT for teh valver or any clio has any development work on it......

yeah exactly, and all this pants with extra dosh for a decat when u might aswell bypass it altogether with a straight thro pipe.
unless the zaust is tested n tested for ur car there aint no point worrying about it - go for sound, and the straight thro pipe will let it rev slightly freeer

if u want it to rev real nice too, lighten n balance the flywheel, skim about 20/25% off it, prob about 4kg (scuse if i got the metric weight wrong) and that will improve the throttle reponse no end.

Ray

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Ive got a full Magnex and decat. It can be quiet(ish) if you drive sensibly but floor it and it turns every head within a 20yd radius.

i love it...!

Has anyone got a straight through middle section. I was thinking about a bigger bore too (does anyone know the standard size?) but wouldnt it be very low as it would have to go below the torsion bar. I dont want it getting hit on every speed bump!

Also, does anyone have a different manifold, I cant find anywhere that does one, or if its even worth doing!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

ive got a straight through centre section, as the silencer on my magnex was catching. Custom made by Peco, it sits in exaclt the same position as the standard one. Devil do one, and i think you can get a genuine Renault one which was for the early clios.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

oh and i think supersprint do a manifold but for the money i wouldnt bother im not too sure but i think its £400-£600

think ktec and bb both dopolished /gasflowed manifolds in chrome or similar but coolspot is right - they are about 400/600 quid.

and my mate has a piper back box with a powerflow straight thro pipe on his maxim.

and to be honest for the engine size its one of the best sounding zxausts ive heard close to a turboed car.

it pops like a tourer and is very loud - think he had a silencer welded into the midsection tho, so without that its gona break sound levels lol

Ray

Right! Ive decided on a custom straight through middle section. Wheres the best place to get it from? Powerflow in Crewe or Longlife in Sheffield are closest to me. Has anyone had one fitted by either of these. I know one guy had an exhaust fitted by Powerflow in Crewe and the next week there was 17 little holes in his exhaust!

heh then i wouldnt go to them lol - thing with powerflow is they use any old bit of (kinda like) scrap metal lyin around to fabricate the exact shape for ur car.

id try out longlife in sheff matey, seeings as ur mates powerflow fell appart lol

sayin that tho i aint come accross anyone who aint happy with a powerflow job bar ur mate.

u got the number for longlife chap, cos im quite close by and need a good midsection building soon.

Ray

Does anyone have a mongoose backbox? This is what Im thinking of getting, 3.5" S/S Backbox, only £153 from Demon Tweeks

What price am I looking at for a middle section?

erm, about 90 quid from powerflow mate - dont know how much from longlife.

also it will be cheaper if u dont have a silencer welded in the midsection.

Ray