ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s the top speed of your Clio

Remapped derv Golf

Run the VTR off the clock(!20) and had more to go.

Havent really done much "speeding" in the Cup yet.

Saw over 140 in an Evo 2 with over 100 coming in 3rd and 120 in 4th. Done due to a modded Nova GSI flashing us to get outta the way. Covered the b*****d in turbo dust!

I was affard when my girlfriends cousin was doing over 200kph after shed drunk a tad too much vodka at a night club in Naples. In one of them bloody woobly A-Classs too.:eek:

Was taking gf and her aunty for a spin 6 days after getting the car. Cruising down Wrexham bypass when a Jag zooms past. So I thought, well lets see what this car can do and lets annoy a Jag driver with a lil Clio zooming back past it. Speedo got up to @136 mph, didnt notice the revs unfortunately. It seemed to get up to that speed very quickly. Dont think the Jag driver could believe his eyes. :D

[Edited by Steve_H on 18 August 2004 at 7:32pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Mole on 27 July 2004

my mk1 ph1 1.4 RT has hit 119mph, and that was the readoff on the GPS thingie

im indicated about 115pmh on the speedo, and it was still pulling on the flat and no where near the limiter. was quite surprised.

but at he same time shate myself!! no need for a car that ickle to be doing that kinda speed esp with sh*t brakes. - gave myself a slap.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Tiger on 28 July 2004

148 in my williams...
Erm how? My williams is pulling around 6800 rpm at 140/141 mph on my private runway..do you have no rev limiter?

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 19 August 2004

122 mph on a flat with a lil bit more to go.

my limiter seems a bit more tha most RTs for some reason mines 6800RPM?

yea mine has quite a high limiter, but because of the charactoristics (sp) of the energy engine thats in the 1.4 RT, theres just no torque at them high revs

145 in a saab 900 turbo and still pulling sh*t MYSELF BIG TIME!!!

two days later engine went BANG !!

By the way it was my big brother car LOL :devilish:

!40 along m20 just having a laugh in the 172, seeing if we can push her further, but we do not want to rag her too much as we are selling her soon, but yeah !40 until some fool pulled out further ahead in a bloody micra.

Well he did have the 2 fast 2 furious stickers, with NOS stuck all over it and g-reddy, so with logos must of added at least 200bhp, plus the burberry hat and his neon washers, lol.

so !40

Black Clio 172

All on private land obviously!!! - mk1 clio valver -120 havnt tried any further but had loads left despite sunroof noise!!!!, mk2 clio 1.4 16v - 130 mph standard (i cudnt believe it either whilst chasing a civic vti) and 132 in a 172. As i say was on my private land!!

.... didnt realise! :eek: picked up speed on an empty d/c at night looked down and thought... whoops and backed off.

Had plenty of time to the red line, was still going!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

i cant beleive this thread had been allowed. yet mention gay sex or smoking weed and the mods sh*t their pants and delete the thread!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Theres no way i could hit the red line in mine!!!!!!!! Simply not possible, Hills arnt steep enough, even living in Scotland!

just a question about motorway cruising, seeing as most of these speeds probably werent done on private tracks ;) is the car really shakey at top end? my mates metro feels like its gonna take off if he goes above !00, and the steering goes really light!

also is a valver quiet cruising on the motorway at 70mph? my 1.2 had loads of road noise and pissed me off a fair bit. Hoping the valver is quieter. Only problem now is my valver has a magnex exhaust to add to the noise!

oh and top end in my 1.2 was 110 with 3 people in the down hill :p me thinks it was lying tho!