ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What 911 is this?

I spent half an hour at Castle Combe yesterday as I was passing anyway, Porsche Club GB had a track day. I'm getting used to what most 911s are now but not sure on this one..?

285346829_zhoL9-L.jpg

997 GT3 maybe? It looked similar to the Blue one below (which was a GT3) but was lacking a cage.

Here are a few others from the day...

285346408_43vq8-L.jpg

285345977_6yeS7-L.jpg

285355585_mxWLz-L.jpg

285356576_YGYPS-L.jpg

285353099_pdDSX-L.jpg

285359872_EjJnk-L.jpg

and a rogue (but extremely quick) BMW...

285355100_qFAuw-L.jpg

182 ff with cup pack's
it looks like a gt3 without the cage option but i could be wrong. look like it was a good day cant wait for croft next week now.

182 ff with cup pack's
now i look at it again i dont think it is because i don't have the vent in the bonnet and the spliter is painted could just be a carrea 2s with a bodykit?

I don't know, but i'd love a orange GT3-RS.

I'm with you there, 2 out on track whilst I was there, respect to anyone who spends £100k on a trackday toy and drives them as hard as they were! Didn't see the Green and Black one this time, that looks stunning as well.

350Z GT
I agree with you ^^ 100% would love any 911 one day especially just a dedicated track day toy.

Always been a fan of the 911 Turbo especially the new shape, would have 1 over any other car around. Took some great photos there and i think ive seen the Orange/Black GT3 RS in 1 of your previous photos.

I agree with you ^^ 100% would love any 911 one day especially just a dedicated track day toy.

Always been a fan of the 911 Turbo especially the new shape, would have 1 over any other car around. Took some great photos there and i think ive seen the Orange/Black GT3 RS in 1 of your previous photos.

Yep same GT3 RS' are always there, two Orange ones, one with the TOY numberplate and another with a 911 plate. Usually a white one, all black and a couple of green and black ones there as well but didn't see them on track whilst there this time.

Hated 911s until last year, to be honest. Then when I watched them for a day at Combe I was converted, they just look absolutely amazing to drive and sound brilliant, not boomy or stupidly loud, just purposeful. As the other half said..."they sound so nice, I want one"

ID on this BMW as well...?! They are the next ones I need to learn, haven't got a clue about my E numbers and Series etc.

285352844_XiVkc-L.jpg

Turbos.
You can get any 911 with the Aerokit, so it could be a C2, C2S, C4 or C4S.

And yes, it is a M3 CSL in Sapphire Black.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The M3 looks like a CS. Has rear seats (i thought the csl doesn't) and doesn't look like the duck tail spoiler. Could be wrong though.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah the csl still has rear seats, could be a csl or just the cs though

Cheers for letting me know, slowly learning the cars I'm not great fans of (or wasn't, BMWs are growing on me when I see them on track now, especially when driven like this one was)

a thirsty one
i was at oulton park a few weeks ago for a porsche rs only track day and guess what, the bmw was there as well.

he was really quick and when the rain came out later he was quite a bit quicker.

Turbos.
The CS is externally the same as a normal M3, apart from the CSL style wheels.

I'm not a fan of the aerokitted Porsches. They look a bit silly running at normal ride height when static... a bloke at work has a bright red with cream interior, Ferrari wannabe!

Qashcow
i turned up in my clio for a bit, was picking up a helmet from merlin m-sport. went across to have a gander at the porkers, the boxters looked quick from where i was standing then that orange gt3rs just anally raped them lol, was a very nice car

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
That to me looks like a Carrera S With Aero pack.

I wasnt aware they was making a Carrera 4 S in the 997, AS the Carrera S was so good? Could be wrong though?

It's definately a Carrera 4 S, I've since found a pic of the car from the rear with, erm, Carrera 4 S written on the back and 4 large exhaust pipes sticking out of it which the GT3s don't have.

182 Trophy
C4s wheel arches are much more flared than C2 or GT3 - the difference is pretty obvious in the photos.
CSLs have a CAF intake hole in the front bumper - other M3s don't have this.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
C4s wheel arches are much more flared than C2 or GT3 - the difference is pretty obvious in the photos.
CSLs have a CAF intake hole in the front bumper - other M3s don't have this.[/quote]

Beaten to it. Yeah, you can see the air intake at the bottom and only on the passenger side and no fog lights, plus the bigger lip spoiler on the boot.

The most reliable supercar brand ever

That's the other big thing that impresses me with these cars, they were pretty much going out every other session (so running for 30 minutes per hour all day), pushing them unbelievably hard and they hardly ever seem to miss a beat.

The mileage on the orange ones must be building up (as far as supercars go) as I've seen them every time at Combe for over a year now, and I imagine they attend other track days as well.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think lambo's are catching up a bit now audi have taken over ,but on the whole porsche has been at the forefront for the last 20 years for reliability