ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What a car!!

RB182cup&golf gti

Picked the long awaited 182 cup up yesterday from Renault, blue with the racing stripes (darker blue than i expected but really nice) - Have to say 110% impressed, there is no comparison between this and the VTS i traded in - only allowed to take it up to 3.5k revs until its run in and amazed at how quickly it gets there! Proper head turner as well - not had this much fun driving since i passed my test (many years ago) and used to drive my dads 2.0i Cavalier (which was the dogs at the time!!). Only gutter is cant drive it until friday now as got accountancy exams all week :( Oh and renault "forgot" to order my mats and give me any fuel as promised, hopefully theyll get back to me on those matters in next couple of days! Back to the revision.........

Clio 200 Cup packed

running in period, dont be so soft, give it some *welly man.

*if your car break, i will not be held responsible.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I pray u dont have the same problems as what i have had with my clio, Cracking cars.... shame i have everyones problems as well as mine, its a jinxed Cup :(

dont run it in gently, get it up to temperature and open it up (not stupid bouncing the limiter but up over 6k) you wont regret it

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 08 December 2004
dont run it in gently, get it up to temperature and open it up (not stupid bouncing the limiter but up over 6k) you wont regret it

Couldnt agree more.

I kow what you mean about how quick it is compared to a VTS, i had a 106 gti before my 182 and the low down grunt of the 182 really shows the VTS/GTI where it stands, they are cracking cars though VTS/GTI but the clio IS better.

Still running mine in, its now done 700 miles mainly by the girlfriend but havnt really opened it up yet, getting its oil changed at 1k miles then gonna start playing with it :devilish:.

RB182cup&golf gti

How come youre getting the oil change at 1k? do renault advise this as nobody told me or you just doing it off your own back?

erm the max recomended run in of 3.5k revs doesnt mean steam it up to that limit then no further, ul still fuk ur engine doing thAT

P

peterh2

Got my 182 up to temp and gave it death from new. Its supposed to make them faster. If it breaks I have a warranty!

Nissan Jewk

Quote: Originally posted by hoe261 on 08 December 2004

Picked the long awaited 182 cup up yesterday from Renault, blue with the racing stripes (darker blue than i expected but really nice) - Have to say 110% impressed, there is no comparison between this and the VTS i traded in - only allowed to take it up to 3.5k revs until its run in and amazed at how quickly it gets there! Proper head turner as well - not had this much fun driving since i passed my test (many years ago) and used to drive my dads 2.0i Cavalier (which was the dogs at the time!!). Only gutter is cant drive it until friday now as got accountancy exams all week :( Oh and renault "forgot" to order my mats and give me any fuel as promised, hopefully theyll get back to me on those matters in next couple of days! Back to the revision.........
Whos that in your avatar?

VW Potato

i also thouight the running in gave time for the brakes and discs get to know each other nicely, the clutch and gearbox to settle etc - not just the engine.

g

Ive had mine a week now. Really enjoying it.

I started taking it upto 7k revs from day 1, obviously i would make sure the engine was nice and warm first.

ooooooo do have fun my 172 cup puts smile on my face every time I drive it, do with those other drivers wouldnt get in the way so much though ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 08 December 2004

i also thouight the running in gave time for the brakes and discs get to know each other nicely, the clutch and gearbox to settle etc - not just the engine.
By bedding the engine in hard ie high RPM (when its warm) it means the piston rings make a good seal with the bores so you get less blowly so more power less oil burn and better MPG.

To bed the brakes in you need to do hard braking for about 60 to walking pace a few times this will burn of the stuuff on the pads and meantt they bed in properly.

Also when you stop dont keep your fot on the brake pedal. This causes the pads to stick to the disk and make the disk uneven leading to less braking power as the diks isnt of equal size all the way round.

MINI JCW

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 08 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 08 December 2004

By bedding the engine in hard ie high RPM (when its warm) it means the piston rings make a good seal with the bores so you get less blowly so more power less oil burn and better MPG.

To bed the brakes in you need to do hard braking for about 60 to walking pace a few times this will burn of the stuuff on the pads and meantt they bed in properly.

Also when you stop dont keep your fot on the brake pedal. This causes the pads to stick to the disk and make the disk uneven leading to less braking power as the diks isnt of equal size all the way round.

Cool so im doing the engne good hammering from new (when warm)?

RB182cup&golf gti

Yeah ive read the same thing somewhere that the best way to bed an engine in is to drive it hard - if this is the case though why do manufactures recommend a gradual running in process?

Well as some of you may have read in aother thread, I have mine on order and Im like a big kid waiting for it...should get it mid-jan.

Ill just be driving it sensibly for the first 1500miles or so. Nailing it now and then but shifting early. I wont be nannying it, but I wont be mashing the limiter in every gear either. Actually thats probably how Ill drive it most of the time on normal roads, as I value my life too much :)

Cant wait to smoke a few hot hatches off the lights though :cool:

MINI JCW

Quote: Originally posted by hoe261 on 08 December 2004

Yeah ive read the same thing somewhere that the best way to bed an engine in is to drive it hard - if this is the case though why do manufactures recommend a gradual running in process?

Maybe due to fact if its driven too hard in the running period (especially when cold) warranty claims maybe higher, just a thought

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by Chris106gti on 08 December 2004

I kow what you mean about how quick it is compared to a VTS, i had a 106 gti before my 182 and the low down grunt of the 182 really shows the VTS/GTI where it stands, they are cracking cars though VTS/GTI but the clio IS better.
Strangely i dont think there is much performance difference between my VTS and the Cup, agree about the low down grunt where the clio has more, but overall i dont feel there is that much difference.