ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What a difference a good servicing makes.

172 cup & GT-Four
Hi, bought my 03 172 Cup back in August 2011, fancied something a bit more fun than an Audi A4, chose the Clio as i had one before when i was younger (96 1.8 rsi) and loved it, took the first Cup i could find local to me for a test drive, everything seemed ok on the run out so i decided there and then i would have it. Ive been happy with the car, fairly nippy, responsive in its steering and firm in handling. The other week i thought i would give it a thorough servicing as the inlet manifold bolts had oxidised and hadn't looked as if they had been off in a while, so new plugs, leads, oil, oil filter, ITG air filter (for stock air box) were ordered up. Since the servicing the difference is definitely noticeable, the car feels so much more livelier, smoother, and responsive. The other day i had the opportunity to play with a willing stock 98 Subaru Impreza (on a private road), now im used to munching Scoobies in a turbo charged car, but didn't expect to keep up in the little Clio, in 3rd to the redline i had to back off slightly to keep my distance, which made me chuckle to myself. So all in all im now pleased with my decision and a very happy Clio RS owner, feels like an over excited, full of life pup yet again, just need to change the crappy unknown make of tyres that were on it when i bought it and ill be sorted, even keen to take it on track too now.

Regards
James.

Listerine & Poledo
Again proiving that maintenence is superior to modifications.

:)

my 172 always feel brilliant the first couple of months after a service