ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What age where you when.....

Engles Mummy
18 when I got my cup (still 18). 1 year of driving. Had it now for 5 months, haven't yet crashed and I survived the winter!

steven.m said:
all you young folk must have super rich parents or sumit cos i'm 20, been workin for 3 years and can barely afford to own a 1.2!!!

always had to pay for everything myself

car
tax
insurance
mods

only thing i got off my parents was a private plate for my first car and 6 months tax (a chrimbo pressie) as they had to tax it to put the private plate on it.

just have to sacrifice stuff.. i had to work 7 days a week (part time halfords at weekend) to pay for car
cant afford to spend too much money on going out, clothes, etc.

i dunno how anyyone younger than 20 can get insured on oen without getting trade insurance or being on mummy's

there was only bell and elephant (Same company) who would actually quote me on mine at 20.
everywhere said gotta be 21

i thought i was extremely lucky to be able to have a renaultsport at 20.. till i came on here!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Got my 182 Cup when I was 20 :)

And yes its easily affordable, especially as I don't smoke and waste my money down the pub every night. I have always been a saver and therefore able to afford it :)

LY V6 with Recaros
I'm 23, got it when I was 22, I've always paid for my cars and all their expenses myself

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
erm, i am 27.

never thought of buying one until our came up at the right price. :cool:

i went through a mad stage and bought a 4x4 cossie at 19 though.

sortedcossie said:
erm, i am 27.

never thought of buying one until our came up at the right price. :cool:

i went through a mad stage and bought a 4x4 cossie at 19 though.

bet your insurer loved you?!

Clown Car
I have just bought a 182 at the ripe old age of 33, on the plus side my insurance renewal will likely be under £500.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
20 progressed from a 1.0 litre corsa :hail:

also got a 172 cup at 22 for the missus, though its in my name, so 2 x RS's at 22. TASTY :approve:

now 53 172 on 29k and 03 172 cup on 41k :approve:

ST
Brand new 182 sport with all the toys, had only turned 21 3 weeks before i bought it.....

Chic your a leg-end old son....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
16vClio said:
Brand new 182 sport with all the toys, had only turned 21 3 weeks before i bought it.....

Chic your a leg-end old son....

:lolup:

for putting up with a 1.0 corsa for 3 years yes!!!

Megane Mk4
27 when I had my first 172, 29 on the current 182..
Had to sweet talk the wife into buying the 172 and she's never looked back since!! ;)

Andi

D

dick

damn was hoping was when u geot fissed out ure face

that wud of been 12, still yet to drive a RS :(

172 Cup
I had a Seat Arosa 1.0 for three years.....thats worse than a corsa! :butt: Saved my money and bought my 172 53 plate in october last year at 20:race:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
driven them since 19 (salesman for renault mind you;)) but actually owned myself at 25!!! (Always been a ford man)

Arctic Blue 182
27 when i got my 182

some of you guys got them at 18-21????? u must be earning some dollas!!!:D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
16vClio said:
Whats your insurance like Waitey?

Its insured through the company i work for so it's next to nothing compared to my age. Around £1600 iirc

Last edited:
  Scirocco GT 210
Waitey said:
Its insured through the company i work for so it's next to nothing. Around £1600 iirc

Hehe at £1600 is 'next to nothing'. A grand more than I pay.

Superb price for your age though :D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Steve2004 said:
Hehe at £1600 is 'next to nothing'. A grand more than I pay.

Superb price for your age though :D

Done a quick edit lol

ST
girl182 said:
27 when i got my 182

some of you guys got them at 18-21????? u must be earning some dollas!!!:D

Not really....still a student....tho part time job doesn't pay too badly..