ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What and where have you put your AUX gauges ??

172 ph1 2.4 transit
As title !!

Where you running your auxillary gauges and what gauges are you running ??

ive got a oil pressure gauge to put in my 172 and not sure where to put it and will prob end up running a oil temp gauge too :) !!

Whytes

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I was thinking about this the other day, im wanting to fit oil temp and a vacuum gauge in me 182. Im thinking of making up a pod to fit in the tray bit on the top of the dash above the clock bit, as i never put anything in there!

172 ph1 2.4 transit
ive got a mechanical one so need ro run a tube from gauge to pressure sensor and get a T piece to suit thread on block/sensor and plumb it in there, and just wire the display light up to dash lights.

172 ph1 2.4 transit
Had a look today and might use the drivers side door vent and make a cargon or alloy panel to fit it into ????

What do you guys think ???

172 ph1 2.4 transit
Taken a couple of picks for ideas which do you all think ??

idea 1, move head light and dash dimmer down into the tray position and but gauge like so

gaugemount001.jpg

Idea 2, remove and seal off heater vent and make alloy or carbon panel and fit gauge like this
gaugemount004.jpg

Or this possibly the hardest as would mean transfering radio display into another housing by the interior lights !!!!

gaugemount005.jpg

As this with angled gauges

gaugemount006.jpg

or this with them straight

Clio 172 Cup
I made my self my own dual guage pod with leather wrap and sat it on top of the dash right in the middle i have a phase 2 so there is a recess to biuld a pod on unfortunately that where your display is.

A timely thread nethertheless, need to find a home for my guages. Just bought these;

ScreenHunter_04Apr261250_zps66d95dee.gif

and need to know will the five 52mm ones fit on a cut out plate where the original clocks go?

The rev counter I'll mount on the dash to the left (nearer the centre of the dash) of my shift lights.

Taken a couple of picks for ideas which do you all think ??

idea 1, move head light and dash dimmer down into the tray position and but gauge like so

gaugemount001.jpg

Idea 2, remove and seal off heater vent and make alloy or carbon panel and fit gauge like this
gaugemount004.jpg

Or this possibly the hardest as would mean transfering radio display into another housing by the interior lights !!!!

gaugemount005.jpg

As this with angled gauges

gaugemount006.jpg

or this with them straight

Have you looked at a 52mm double pod dash top mount or the A pillar mounts you can get?