ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT ARE THE BEST TYRE ON 182 CUP??

From my own personal experience . I found the Toyo T1-R's utter s**te in the wet , that was on my 172 . Continentals were good but didn't last . On my 182 Michelin PE2's were excellent in the dry and wet but only last about 8k miles . I'm now on my 2nd set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's , brilliant tyre in both the wet and dry and lasted longer than any other tyre i've had on a 1*2 , i got 12k out of a set . Bearing in mind we live in a wet climate , that's the tyre i would go for . About £75 a corner fitted last time i bought some in January .
I had the same experience with T1-Rs on my 172. Utter tripe.

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Cheers guys!! It is a mind field with tyres, as some cheaper brands are just as good as premium ones but you are all saying its got to be Michellin PS3 or Pirelli PZero?? I'll see who's doing the best deal! But thanks Banther, Camskill's are very cheap on-line! :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
After having to replace the Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 the trophy was still hanging on to I have 2 x front Pilot Sport 3. Went with the higher speed rating XL version to avoid the "squidgy" feeling some have had.

Yet to be fitted but hopefully I will be pleased

U will be more then pleased they are s**t hot

M2 Comp
Cheers guys!! It is a mind field with tyres, as some cheaper brands are just as good as premium ones but you are all saying its got to be Michellin PS3 or Pirelli PZero?? I'll see who's doing the best deal! But thanks Banther, Camskill's are very cheap on-line! :)

Good tyres make all the difference mate.

You won't regret spending the extra on a decent tyre.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Tyres make the cliosport and I wouldn't even think about cutting corners on tyres. Ps2's were the best tyres IMO on the 182. I'd be thinking of the best sport tyres from each of the top manufactures to get the best from your Clio.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I've tried various tyres over the years on my 182, personally wasn't too keen on the rainsports really.

Michelins and eagle f1's were good but expensive.

Currently on a set of 4 Firestone Firehawk SZ90u 's, and I'm rather impressed. Quite progressive and grippy. Very deep tread, which seemed to help with the snow recently too!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
nobodys mentioned federal RSR's yet??? got them all round on mine and think they are awesome! :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Fair point. I've still got 2 pe2's at home with reasonable tread left. Not sure what they are worth though :(

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Doesn't look like most of the commenters have "full on" tyres at all.

Haha yeah, some of the comments in here are so wrong, but they are all entitled to their opinion I guess ;)

Some people just don't know the difference between a mid range and top of the range tyre.

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
Williams (185/55/15) I run (well did before I started taking her apart) Toyo T1R proxes - incredible tyre in the dry but weren't great in the wet and didn't last long, but loved 'em.

182 - Michelin PS3's, incredible tyres, wouldn't have anything else. I'm happy to pay a premium for good tyres as at the end of the day, no matter how well the car is set up if you've got s*it connecting it to the tarmac you're f**ked.

BG 182
I've got ps3 all round, they are very confidence inspiring in the wet, and grip hard for a summer tyre. Not a hardcore option though as I think they feel a bit less responsive on turn in compared to the exalto. For the money, they do wear pretty well though, my fronts are 3mm ish after I got them 10 months ago

Last edited:
PZeroNero here too. To get the best out of them, you do have to play with tyre pressures though. Use them on road and track. And to quote somebody I walked past at Mallory Park last Saturday "That black Clio with the BTM sticker is f**king flying" lol. I was keeping up with a Nissan GtiR on 888s, Impreza was getting smaller in the mirror etc. and I'm no race driver.

What would you recommend as the ideal tyre pressures for the PZero Nero? From what I have read including the last Evo tyre test they seem to be a very good tyre..

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
PZeroNero here too. To get the best out of them, you do have to play with tyre pressures though. Use them on road and track. And to quote somebody I walked past at Mallory Park last Saturday "That black Clio with the BTM sticker is f**king flying" lol. I was keeping up with a Nissan GtiR on 888s, Impreza was getting smaller in the mirror etc. and I'm no race driver.

Maybe I had the wrong pressures on mine, what were you running? I think mine were about 26-28psi cold.

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
what psi do you have? don't get me wrong they are bloody good. i just dont think wow i am glued to the road..

Changed it last weekend to 33 front and 31 rear, has completely transformed what I thought were already quality tyres. a lot more progression on turn in and more feel mid bend.