ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What bolt size?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Turns out I have the strength of 10 men and didn't realise it, and have snapped one of the 17mm bolts that attaches the carrier to the caliper on the rear of my 182. Currently in the process of drilling out the remains but obviously will need a replacement. Any idea what the thread pitch etc is for it?
20210816_134749.jpg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've cracked the f**king caliper trying to get the remains out, so I've had to order a new one. I presume that will come with those bolts 🤞
Thanks anyway

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I've cracked the f**king caliper trying to get the remains out, so I've had to order a new one. I presume that will come with those bolts 🤞
Thanks anyway

If it's the complete thing including carrier, it should do yeah.

Just the bare caliper, probably not.

Those bolts only need to be 40nm or so, so not mega tight. The caliper body is only cast aluminium.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If it's the complete thing including carrier, it should do yeah.

Just the bare caliper, probably not.

Those bolts only need to be 40nm or so, so not mega tight. The caliper body is only cast aluminium.
I think the previous owner over torqued them, they were unbelievably tight when I was taking them out. Then when I torqued them up it snapped at the exact time the torque wrench clicked at 40Nm

BG 182FF
I think the previous owner over torqued them, they were unbelievably tight when I was taking them out. Then when I torqued them up it snapped at the exact time the torque wrench clicked at 40Nm
The front caliper to carrier bolts are 40nm (13mm)?
Rear brake caliper bolts are 100nm
Rear Caliper yoke (carrier) mounting bolts 60nm
and loctite if going to factory spec.

Turns out I have the strength of 10 men and didn't realise it, and have snapped one of the 17mm bolts that attaches the carrier to the caliper on the rear of my 182. Currently in the process of drilling out the remains but obviously will need a replacement. Any idea what the thread pitch etc is for it?
View attachment 1553315
Bolt size: M12-1.5 x 26mm. The pitch is metric fine on this M12 (1.5). Bolt type: Hex Head Cap Screw Partially Threaded DIN931 or ISO 8765. But I don't know where the hell I get a new one... Renault discontinued it.