ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Bolts??

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
What bolts are used to secure the upper plenhum??

I'm pretty sure a couple got sheared off when tightening them last time so will need to order some more for the upcoming service.

Also to stop it happening again what torque should they be done to?

Cheers.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Only got my car to use so wouldn't want to take one out and drive it anywhere.... I could go to a breakers yard but was hoping someone would know the naswer so I can just order some.

Westy. MX5
They are M6 threads , 25mm long for the the plenum to inlet manifold and 40mm long for the coil pack mounting at the back. You need a 10mm. socket to undo/fit them Torque at 12lb/ft. The chances are that the thread is gone in the inlet manifold as it is softer than the bolt itself. You can buy them at any car spares or fittings shop, don't forget some washers if they are not already part of the bolt.

S4 Avant
Tell you what's great fun, trying to undo a bolt in a clockwise direction. Then when it won't budge, cracking out the breaker bar.

Spent a f*cking age getting that drilled out.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Tell you what's great fun, trying to undo a bolt in a clockwise direction. Then when it won't budge, cracking out the breaker bar.

Spent a f*cking age getting that drilled out.

Haha!!

I did that on my brakes as I was undoing (well actually tightening) the bolt on the back of the caliper and having a simple moment starting turning it the wrong way.

BMW M135i
They'll rip the threads out of the inlets before the bolts shear, the inlets are only ali. So new bolts might be a waste of time! Worth looking first, have to go down other routes if its ripped the threads.