ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Camcorder To Get Just For In Car Footage?

CTR--VX220D
I want a digital camcorder to film my exploits on track next year. It will only be used for this purpose so dont want anything fancy...

I want to be able to mount it somewhere sturdy, I have a stripped out clio 172 track car - with aftermarket Cobra Imolas so have nowhere I can think of to mount it.

What camcorder do you recommend that will have a SD card type of storage?

And what can I get to mount it somewhere?

Thanks

Chris

CTR--VX220D
Fantastic... thanks Skin...

I'm ok with digi camera's not camcorders. What shall I buy???? Harddrive/etc/etc/ I just want to film then upload to Youtube etc....

Im defo interested in the Bullet/Dog cam.... where is the best place to buy? I suppose the camcorder will need some sort of input sockets???

Also I expect the camcorder will also need a remote control due to being harnessed in and lack of mounting points?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I run a Sony DCR-HC18E Chris, and it's worked very well for me over the last three years.

It was about £400 IIRC when I bought it - MiniDV tapes, pull onto the PC through a firewire link into Windows Media, upload, job done.

£30 if you look hard enough will find you a genuine Sony battery on eBay that will give you 6-7 continuous recording (a must once you've left it running on a standard battery over lunch and then can't film for the rest of the day!).

Also, it films perfectly in anamorphic 16:9 widescreen mode, has good image stability, and comes with a remote control.

I'd have thought by now that the relative battering it takes on a trackday would have taken its toll, but it's still never missed a beat.

I can't wait to see your vids :)

Must hook up next year so I can chase you ;)

Agree with above too, suction mount's probably best for you with buckets. Let me know what you get as I'll be after one this year too.

CTR--VX220D
Cheers for the info Mark!

Im going to buying one next month, so doing all the research now [I like to make sure what Im buying is best for the job ;)]

We'll defo have to hook up although after wathcing your vids im sure you wont be chasing me for long! lol

Just make sure you ignore ones that record onto DVD. Pointless invention in my opinion, it's virtually impossible to edit the footage afterwards and have anything good left at the end.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm probably going to buy a Sony camcorder next month, I've always been impressed with the recording quality of them in comparison to other makes I've tried.