ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what camera/lenses to buy for a beginner

im looking into getting a digital slr for my bday with a few lenses but im stuck on where to begin. Iv been reading up on lenses and im thinking of gettin a 10-15 mm, 50mm and maybe somethin like a 150 mm lens but im stuck on when it comes to zoom lenses or fixedlength and stuff. can any foto buffs summarize it all and point me in the right direction. I usually pick things up really quickly so hopefully shouldnt take long to understand
smile.gif

is that camera easy to use for someone with no knowledge. did u learn any techniques online/college or did u just teach yerself.
what lenses do u have?

1 Series Coupe
Get the camera first, have a play and practise with the lense that it comes with. The once you have mastered it, you could invest in some better lenses :)

they usually come with roughly 20mm-80mm yeh :)

what camera would everyone recommend

any websites i can look at

is the 400d no like 600 quid tho, looking for somethin a bit cheaper for a first. and mcbunny im just gettin a wee point in the right direction of what websites to visit and what ppl on here use as some photos iv seen by ppl are minted :)

GP2
Less than that!

I've got a 400D, good camera to start with. I've only got two lenses so far, both made by Canon - 18-55 and a 70-200 (or 80-200 - not sure now). Nice and easy to use.

yeh rich i just seen tht on comet for like 540 quid withthe two lenses and i seen it for 400 on currys with just the smaller lens

the bottom idea sounds good ;)

i was thinking of that as the 400d is 400 quid with the basic lense and then get the 50mm for stuff liek portraits. Apparantly u can pick one of those up for as little as 50 quid aswell :0