ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What compact system camera, GX1 or NEX C3/5N

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking to buy a compact systme camera in the next week or so, and was pretty much all set on a GX1 until I borrowed a friends NEX C3 and it was actually pretty good.

So now I'm a little bit stuck, the NEX we borrowed was used to shoot some roller hockey, indoors in a leisure centre, and bear in mind i twas set up fully auto in a sport mode with continuous focus the shots came out really nice.

I know the Sony's don't have the best selection of lenses, but does the fact they have the larger sensor make up for that?

I'm still pretty set on a GX1 though, but again do you go for the 'normal' style lens of the new X series compact style??

Ignoring the price difference the extra compactness the new pancake zoom gives would be nice, but is the lens any good or a bit of a gimmick?

The 20mm will obviously be bought at the same time :)

Also like the fact there are already a good selection of lenses that fit it, need to get a longer zoom at somepoint too.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I know there's a few, but baically after people here's opinions on the M4/3 or NEX debate, and if the new X series lens would be as good if not better than the normal one :)

To be honest think my mind is pretty much set on the GX1, just can't decide which of the lenses is the better option!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered with the 'pancake' zoom, my thinking was it's cheaper to buy the other kit lens later rather than fork out for this one as it's about £300 odd on it's own.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Arrived today :)

Seems good so far, the X lens is nice and compact when off, need to give it a try this weekend at hockey to make sure it's ok at taking shots of that.

If not then it'll go back and will have to go the Sony route as that was fine, but sure it'll be fine :)

I'll order up the 20mm once I know I'm keeping it, got £100 of Amazon vouchers to use which will help with that!