ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What car should i buy next

I currently own a Y reg Saxo VTS which ive had two years of great fun in but its time for a change. Performance is a must but so is build quality and refinement.

My budget is £16-20k.

clio v6

civic type r (then have cash to mod it)

scooby

focus rs - this would probably be my choice

nearly new evo?

any of these would more than cure your need for performance!!

Ermmmm..... Scoobys are hardly refined are they! Or Evos for that matter. An Audi would be nice but Clio V6 are about £27,000 arent they?! A 2004 172 is out of the Question though.

if you want refinement any of the VAG range, BMW or Mercededs range will do

but my choices would still be as above

Leon Cupra R
Audi S3

S3 for the Build Quality. Get em with warrentys second hand with a good spec for in and around 17k. Lovely Lovely seats, and lovely 4wd, yumm.....

Or Lean Cupra, lovely car but heard the service is worse than renault!! Depends on dealer i suppose.

i think bambams got it right...

why not wait mate for the new vauxhall astra GSI with 240HP thats a refined car with alot of HP they are out next year and around the price your looking at, personaly id go and buy a skyline GTR for that kind of money you can get an R33 with very low milage

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

2nd hand Golf R32? Octavia RS? Bloody nice inside the Skoda is, very nice. Chip it to 230bhp :D

Leon Cupra R would be my choice though

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah right cough air traffic control cough cough loadsa body roll cough

2nd hand golf r32 in autotrader 27k, they seem to have shot up due to low numbers available, for the money , the 172 sport at a broker is untouchable, standard features on the clio would cost an extra 8k to the price of a standard 330i pretrol bmw thats 30k to start with..

the point that pepes are missing is why buy a car that is only slightly faster then his VTS why not go big, R32 they are not that quick for the money you pay, VX220 turbo would be a good one but wouldnt touch german tack

course you would have the R32 fo its sleak looks and the twin exhaust oh and mussent forget that it handles like a slug and weights a couple on tonn more. haha Only problem with a VX is the two seats thing but i would still have one if i had the money

Wouldnt go for either the new Astra or the Alfa, all of that power through the fronts? Waste of time. If you want power and refinement youve got to go german. Get an older M3 or if you want something a bit newer get an S3. The new ones will be coming out soon, so there will be more bargains to be had.

no the s3 losses loads of power through its 4 wheels and M3s are common as muck, the vx220 turbo will keep with a ferrari down in the lower gears. it is untouchable and handles so much better then anything mentioned so far.

Dont like german cars they annoy me dont know why maybe its because alot of BMW anf golf drivers tend to think they are all that eispecially M3 drivers.

after a lot of thinking.... ive decided to hang up my heavy foot days in jersey as it really is pointless.... + the fact that the car i was going to buy... which is in the UK (Hollywood hogans GlioGTT) me parents think itd take a lot of messing around to get things changed over etc.. :cry:

so sellin the GT Turbo.. and have just put deposit down on a brand new Audi TT 180 Quattro in Avus silver, which im taking on lease. still get the turbo i like and i wont have to race or feel like getting out my car to hit someone when a little kid in his fiesta/saxo comes driving up my arse thinkin hes the next colin mccrae or michael schumacher, and nearly puts a dent in the back when he cant brake in time. so untill im 25 at least. no more races for me! :)devilish:) unless i go to a track. and when 25, ill get my TVR Tuscan, so ill come back to the heavy foot then :)

i was < > far from going the S2000 route... but at end of the day... dont see the point in a 240bhp car in jersey. will only ruin the engine over time. only got to look at the porsches and ferraris here, the engines sound so full of sh*t coz they arent given a good run once n a while.. its a waste! ill be taking mine to france anyway to give it a blast.

Mk2 Golf GTI

i think you should get something fairly cheap, like an older audi s3, then spend the rest off the cash tuning it up!

IMO

Either a Leon Cupra R

Or an R32 - i luve them, a friends dad has one, it v nice!!!

Or a S3

Hang on, bit of a theme, all cars have the same cassis (i know a3 does but what about s3??)

If you could strech id get an R32, but a cupra r would be v cool, then fair amount of money for ice!!!

Has to be an Evo 6 or Tommi Makkinen. There is no other car anyone has mentioned that will get you the respect of having 1 of these bad boys. Look awesome aswell and are easily tuned.

Thanks alot for the replies people! The Golf R32 is abit too expensive for me really and ive heard the handling is sh*t? I also want a brand new car. Im thinking about a Leon Cupra R 225 or maybe even a Type-R? Their not brash and seem fairly smooth.