ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What case are you getting for your iPhone 5?

Clio 172 cup
Otterbox defender for me.

It saved my 4s from a 20ft drop onto a concrete floor

Bloody incredible cases, waterproof too

Never above 25mpg
I've had a cheap copy of a casemate shell thing on the 4, had 2 bumpers and they both fell apart after a couple months!

Probably go for an Apple bumper if they do them for the 5, otherwise I'll go for a shell again.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
For the first time since my 3GS I'll be going case-less.

No longer work out and about where it can get easily damaged, so won't need one.

RS6 C7
Hopefully i will damage it on the first day so i don't need to worry about every little tiny mark like i did with my 4s.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully I will just stop being a clumsy b*****d and not need a case.

Iphone4 has had 4 smashed back and 2 smashed fronts.

/un-apposable thumbs apparently.

RS6 C7
This has just turned up:
gear4-icebox-edge-case-for-iphone-5.jpg

Only will use it at work.

Very good design but it is a shame to hide the iPhone under it! I'm tempted to get a pouch type case.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Having heard horror stories of dropping and marking already, I'm now sorely tempted.

A ANIMAL
That's ugly as f*ck. Lol. :eek:

its even worse in person, but it will keep it safe till the novelty wears off. *touches wood* i've never damaged a phone other than a chip here and there. its just murphys law that the only time i don't have a case i'll smash it so i don't want to tempt fate!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lol. Fair play then mate. I went out before and it rang while it was in my pocket.

I didn't answer it until I got back in the car in case I dropped it.

Form > function. :eek:

A ANIMAL
Lol. Fair play then mate. I went out before and it rang while it was in my pocket.

I didn't answer it until I got back in the car in case I dropped it.

Form > function. :eek:

FLOL - i took mine out of the box and put it in my pocket on my walk back to collect just incase someone tried to steal the BRIGHT PINK ULTRA STEALTH T-Mobile bag.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Think I'm going to go for a incase snap smoke.

It's the only thin cover that offers minimal protection passed the bezel.

Looks fairly tough, take a fair few drops before it smashes.

I might roll caseless If i ever upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The screen protectors are hilarious! They just get marked and scratched up, whereas I had my iPhone 4 with nothing on it for a year and a half and it barely has a scratch on it.

However, I would like a case for peace of mind if I'm going on a night out or going somewhere with work or something. Just because I've dropped phones before. Although, the 4 never smashed...

DB.

BMW 440i
Busted lol!

I picked up a Griffin one today with a rubbery bumper and see through back, like it so far and nice and slim!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I said I wasn't bothering but have been out and got one today, it feels like it will scratch up pretty easily on the back so gone for a clear thin belkin shell.

It was only a tenner with my priority moments voucher at O2, it'll do for the time being.

DB.

BMW 440i
i bought the same today lol!!! Debating whether I like it or not!!

I used to have a horrible chunky case bought in anger after dropping my 4S. I like this as it keeps the thin'ness of the phone and is fairly subtle! I think the see through back could show dust etc trapped which may be annoying!

Had a quick play with a 5 in the Apple store yesterday and TBH it's taken the shiny thing urge away along with all the comments about how easily damaged the finish is on the phone. The screen is no doubt great and it's super quick compared to my 4 but I'm struggling to feel the jump is worth the £600 outlay given my 4 still feels perfectly useable for me personally.

DB.

BMW 440i
Had a quick play with a 5 in the Apple store yesterday and TBH it's taken the shiny thing urge away along with all the comments about how easily damaged the finish is on the phone. The screen is no doubt great and it's super quick compared to my 4 but I'm struggling to feel the jump is worth the £600 outlay given my 4 still feels perfectly useable for me personally.

Would you not sell the 4 and reduce the lump your paying out?

I'm still struggling to convince myself it's worth it regardless tbh. I've got the cash, that's not an issue but frankly I really can't see the point. Yes it's faster and yes the screen is bigger and better but it's not giving me anything I feel I really need over what the 4 does for the moment and all the talk of imperfections in the finish and how easily they mark up is the final straw.

If it was pretty tough anodising that really took persistent full r****d treatment of sharing a pocket with a bunch of keys to damage then it wouldn't worry me, but I'm reading a lot of comments that it takes very little to damage it and I really don't want to switch my perfect 4 to a handset that will look abused within a couple of months of careful ownership.

I had a slip case for my 4/S. Can't remember which.

Looked pimp. Went to get it out the case. Dropped it. Lol.

It protects the phone when it's not doing anything. The time you're going to drop it is when it's in your hand and in use. So not in the case.

It's the same as buying a car cover and thinking it will save your NCB.

I'll be watching the threads over the next few weeks to see just how much of a state these things get in to if you roll bareback. If they look scabby with normal/careful use then I'm out.

Renaultsport Clio 182
When I get my 5 later this month I think I'll have to invest in a case for it. I've rocked my 3GS for 3 yrs now and it's still on the original screen & original back. It's been dropped a few times & it's survived trips all over the world in the past 3 years and still hasn't missed a beat!

Its got a few scratches here & there and the odd chip in the plastic back but it seems bullet proof when compared with the 4/4S. My friend has go e through countless screens on his 4 in the 18 months he's had it. If the 5 is damaged half as easily as the 4 then a case is a must I reckon although I will reserve judgement for when I actually get one.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
A leather pouch is like have a wallet with a coin purse/pouch....

BENT.