ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what coilovers for 172 mk2 ph2 ?

R26
hi all
just wanted to know what coilover kit you would recomend for my 172
i have about 700 to spend on them could go a bit higher

cheers dan

williams 2
Hello people havin the same prob choosing at the moment but just an hour ago i was at gdi talking to andy who advised me to get h&r! He has leda on his 182 and they were a brilliant ride although they were over a grand! Im going for the h&r, i was thinking of goin the gaz route but have now been steered clear! Hope this helps!!

ITB'd GDI Original?
Get fk's and keep the extra dosh for something else, brake upgrade, whatever...

If your really bothered and were looking for serious use, i'd go for leda's.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Buy, eibac pro dampers and springs. Then you'll have plenty of spare change. Just as good, regardless of what everyone will say.

Chocolate Bar™
Get H&Rs from 2modified, shade over 600 if i remember rightly (dont quote me on that though ;))

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
the h&rs are awsome, i have some on my cup, they are non adjustable, but they are set up perfect. Also remember to gat some camber correction bolts fitted once its been dropped.... then gat it all set up properly (camber+tracking etc)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
gt_gaz said:
the h&rs are awsome, i have some on my cup, they are non adjustable, but they are set up perfect. Also remember to gat some camber correction bolts fitted once its been dropped.... then gat it all set up properly (camber+tracking etc)

you dont need the camber bolts on the h&r's i made the mistake of buying them

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
how do you correct the camber then?

the holes aren't elongated (sp)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
There's minor adjustment in the OE setup apparently....soemone on the clio trophy forum managed to get upto a degree i think.

Dan, £700 should get you a nice set of coilovers....go for the H&R kit imo. Those or the leda's although they cost almost double! Perhaps look at an Eibach pro kit; pro dampers and springs.....will give a nice ride but wont lower a great deal.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
matty w said:
you can on mine

the holes on mine are fully ellongated cause i brought the camber bolts and then realised i didnt need them and sold them on here,so i dont know if h&r changed there design?