ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What colour for these alloys?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi all,
I got these valver alloys on my car since october. They were in pretty bad shape but couldn't decide on the colour at that time so sprayed them gold for a while.
Soon as the spring will come I will get them refurbished properly but my god I'm having a rough time deciding on the colour. I have another set of 16" ultras in gun metal grey so want these another colour.
Was going to do them gold but now i m not so sure. (a darker gold not a flashy one).
Black is just meh, white might be nice but don't really want to clean them daily..
What other options would look good? Thx!

Attachments

• 20180107_170214.jpg
    20180107_170214.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 110

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Lol! I wanted some 15" alloys for winter and occasional trackdays, I really wanted something like 2118's but just couldn't find anything. Got these at a very low price so they are here to stay. The ultras are the road summer wheels

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Have the ultras in gunmetal grey already. Would like another color for the 15's. Not another shade of grey that is :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I need to read better lol, you did mention that.

I would say silver. @mintno1 has these wheels?

Bloody failing tonight. He hasn’t, he has Williams wheels lol

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Ok so gold is not dead I get it.. Should have created a poll :)

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
these are r19 wheels rather than valver btw, I was also stumped with colors but here's mine atm
WP_20170929_17_45_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20170929_17_34_14_Pro.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Winter wheels - Get caked in crud the second you hit the road, so whatever you spray them they're brown within a week.
Track wheels - If you can see the colour of the wheel through the brake dust, you're doing it wrong.

If my money, I'd leave them as is and buy more tyres :smile:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Winter wheels - Get caked in crud the second you hit the road, so whatever you spray them they're brown within a week.
Track wheels - If you can see the colour of the wheel through the brake dust, you're doing it wrong.

If my money, I'd leave them as is and buy more tyres :smile:[/QUOTE
You make a point but they area kinda scuffed and it bugs me! So the plan is to do them right once and take care of them as I'm not the type that thrashes them on curbs and stuff.