ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Colour Plenium? Hmm..

Iceberg Ph1
To start with, not sure if this is the right section for this?

Anyways.. I spent the best part of 4 days sanding, priming, sanding, priming, sanding, painting.. (You get the picture).. my engine cover, my idea was to do it pretty dark as I wanted to colour my plenium red.. After the paint up though I'm not to sure now if red would look good.. Just wondered if anyone can think of a colour which would go well with this engine cover.. (I don't fancy polishing it, because I have none of the required tools or time lol) I have a plenium on the way from Russ so I will have a while to get it looking nice, but anyone with a decent eye for colour perhaps help us out :rasp:

Engine Cover: (Not totally finished as needs another coat)

P1010617.jpg

P1010619.jpg

P1010620.jpg

Cam is filthy so there are a few white specks, thankfully not on the paintwork haha..

Cheers guys/girls

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice job you've done there mate, can't help but think a nice bright silver would look best. Have been told I can go pick up those motors for 30£ if I can get them out. Fun times ahead of me then.

Iceberg Ph1
Cheers guys.. Still stuck to what colour! Arghh! I did want red, give it a photoshop and see how it looks I guess..

While I'm here I may as well post up the oil cap now that I have finished that, just need lacquering now..

P1010622.jpg

IMO The decals make all the difference! (have seen a few without and it looks a bit pant tbh :rasp:)

BG182®
Same colour engine cover as me. I went with silver but am debating also to change them. Fellow mate on here has his P.Inlet's graphite grey and it goes well even with a dark engine cover.

Nice to see someone local too :)

Iceberg Ph1
Same colour engine cover as me. I went with silver but am debating also to change them. Fellow mate on here has his P.Inlet's graphite grey and it goes well even with a dark engine cover.

Always nice to see some more locals myself.. Been to any meets?

Insignia SRi

That mate would be me!! lol Engine cover looks really nice, yeah i have grey heatproff paint looks nice with the Iceberg silver engine cover.

Iceberg Ph1

That mate would be me!! lol Engine cover looks really nice, yeah i have grey heatproff paint looks nice with the Iceberg silver engine cover.

Got any pics of the engine with cover in question :rasp:

Just refitted mine to the car, looks yum, sporting my new bolts courtesy of davo172, Hell of a lot better then it use to! Really need to get the plenum done though, it looks a bit tatty cos its pure filth!

See Below!

P1010624.jpg

P1010626.jpg

Iceberg Ph1
Yeah tell me about it! Makes it look rotten (the entire bay needs a clean tbh lol) Still debating, Need to get Photoshopping.. Not used it in about 5 years mind! I'm useless at it now! Arhh!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
For the love of ...

Don't do it yellow ! Also, don't do what some genius did on mine and put the cover back on as the paint's still wet on the inlet ...! :rasp:

Looks good tho ;)

Iceberg Ph1
^^ Yellow is a no no.. after seeing yours.. no offence mind :rasp:

haha, I brought a 2nd hand plenum off here so I will be preping and spraying that and waiting a LONGer time then your previous owner did haha

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
lookin good mate :approve::approve:

polish it mate !! like the engine coverbolts by the way ;)

you havent got one of the 2.0 16v graphics goin spare have you ?
Attached Thumbnails