ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what could i do to my 1.4 16v clio sport

2000 1.4 16v sport
hello there i have just been told off 1 of my mates that i could put 172 injectors and cams in my 1.4 16v sport is this right or is he telling me porkys got a feeling he is lol what could i do to my 1.4 clio to make it faster i dont know if its a 95 bhp or a 98bhp either can anyone help please thanks

It's not worth all that work. 172s are cheap enough these days. I'd just keep the 1.4 and enjoy it for what it is.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Some good rubber on 195,50, 15" tyres. Job done enjoy it as it is, and drive it flat out everywhere.

As above. Decent tyres are the best mod you can fit.

Being able to use 98bhp all the time > being able to use 105bhp some of the time.

EDIT: in the correct conditions and location, obviously.

2000 1.4 16v sport
cheers for the advise guys and its always flat out lol still quite fast had 125 mph out of it last night thats what it said on my mates new nissans clocks mine dont work lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Good tyres and coilovers (you can sell the coilovers on when you sell the car)

anything else is pissing in the wind. I used to have a 1.4 16v, modified it, saw no gains, lost out when I sold it on

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
couldnt help but notice your name as slammedclio2. if thats actually true i'd be keeping it low and slow, not much point having power when its so low on roads like these.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
hello there i have just been told off 1 of my mates that i could put 172 injectors and cams in my 1.4 16v sport is this right or is he telling me porkys got a feeling he is lol what could i do to my 1.4 clio to make it faster i dont know if its a 95 bhp or a 98bhp either can anyone help please thanks

​172 wont make any difference.

there are cams,induction kits,and exhaust systems and remaps available off the shelf even forged pistons and steel rods.

ahhhh! lol

​I love these threads, They make me look like I actually have some sense :D

somebody has to ;)

there you go Scott :p

tumblr_li4cw2PmN91qap0t6o1_500.gif