ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Cup packs does this 182 have?

Hi,

I went to look at a 182 with both Cup packs today, or so I thought. Once I got there I found an extremely unhelpful and disinterested car dealer, with a low-fat 182 Cup. Oops.
All that spec list in the Autotrader advert was just made up then was it?

Never mind. At least it confirmed to me that I definitely want a 182 with all of the toys. With that in mind, could anyone have a look at these pictures and tell me which Cup packs (if any) this car has?

The advert simply says "RENAULT SPORT CUP PACK".

sdpbsy.jpg

2h5pg8l.jpg

I'm not familiar enough with the normal 182 to tell the difference spoiler wise, though unless I'm missing it (which is entirely possible), I can't see the front splitter that I think the Cup spoiler pack gets you?

24wrrfc.jpg

I also can't quite tell from the pictures which [shade of] alloys are on here and hence if it likely has the Cup suspension, which is more important to me than the spoiler. I think. :)

Thanks.

The packs are..

Suspension and wheels.. Which those are cup packed wheels

and then spoiler/splitter. I cant see a splitter but its highly likely its broken or the dealer just didnt fit it. But that looks like a cup packed spoiler to me.

So id say thats got both packs :)

Evo 6, E92 320d
The packs are..

Suspension and wheels.. Which those are cup packed wheels

and then spoiler/splitter. I cant see a splitter but its highly likely its broken or the dealer just didnt fit it. But that looks like a cup packed spoiler to me.

So id say thats got both packs :)

Agreed

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ i'd agree, but always the possibility someone just put 182 cup wheels on it.

VX220 Turbo
difficult to tell on the spoiler but it's missing the front splitter if it's supposed to have both packs fitted.

£140 from renault (might help you nock some cash off it)

Blimey, thanks guys!

a. A lot more, quicker posts than I was expecting (a credit to the forum!)
b. I wasn't even wrong about the front splitter.
c. Looks like it probably has the suspension pack (though I am aware it may just be the wheels).

All good news. Ta.

ETA: Is there somewhere obvious in the documentation that should be with the car, what Cup packs/other options it came with from the original dealer?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
or whip a wheel off. The bolt spacing is 60mm to where the hub bolts to the suspension leg :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
meh it has the boot one. Suspension is far more important....... and more costly.

Measure here,

23062007051.jpg

My opinion of that car would be it has cup suspension option, and did have the spoiler pack, but the front splitter is missing. As DRrollo said some people just put the Anthricite alloys on to make it appear to have cup suspension. Only real way to tell is to measure the bolt spacing (60mm)

or whip a wheel off. The bolt spacing is 60mm to where the hub bolts to the suspension leg :)

That wont tell him spoilers tho..
Indeed, and it's probably a bit more down and dirty than I was hoping to get at this stage. I'm not even sure I'd be that confident at noticing a 6mm difference sat on a (rainy - at a guess!) garage forecourt anyway. :)

Good idea, da, about calling Renault. I guess that should have occurred to me!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
KJust ring Renault customer services and give them the reg.

Its the only way to be 100% on the spec.

If it was a standard car, someone could have painted the wheels grey so it looked like it had the superior 'Cup Pack' and bolted on a cup spoiler.

Not that I would ever ever consider doing anything along those lines....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That wont tell him spoilers tho..
Indeed, and it's probably a bit more down and dirty than I was hoping to get at this stage. I'm not even sure I'd be that confident at noticing a 6mm difference sat on a (rainy - at a guess!) garage forecourt anyway. :)

Good idea, da, about calling Renault. I guess that should have occurred to me!

it's a 60mm bolt spacing.... cup suspension only lowers the car by 3mm...

See post 14......... by measureing this it will 100% tell you if it has the cup suspension fitted......

it's a 60mm bolt spacing.... cup suspension only lowers the car by 3mm...

See post 14.........
Thanks, it's appreciated. What I meant though was the difference between the 60mm of the Cup and the (according to the 172/182 buyers guide thread) the 54mm of the normal 182.
I could guess that I might not be able to accurately tell the difference in less than ideal conditions. But it might be more obvious than I think I guess.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye, its 60, to the middle of the holes...... I'd always check this if in doubt. As sourcing parts can be tricky as the non cupped versions have different hubs etc etc

Quick update, I spoke to Renault (who were very helpful, I'm impressed). They sent me a full spec list for the car, including:
  • Extreme Pack
  • C Pack
  • Cup suspension
I assume by "C Pack" they mean the Cup spoiler pack. I don't know what the "Extreme Pack" is though.

junkmonkey can you post the number up you rang, it would be a big help.
I just used the details from here. They emailed me back from that email address on there. I've asked for more info on the "Extreme" pack (though I assume it's nothing too exciting) but no reply as of yet.

They asked me for the registration and/or chassis number. I only had the reg but that was fine.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Alexanders Motor Company?

I found them very good to be fair.

Someone said they were getting a new something (I think it was a shock or something) and the dealer called it the 'Extreme pack' - I think it just means both cup packs.

Dan

Someone said they were getting a new something (I think it was a shock or something) and the dealer called it the 'Extreme pack' - I think it just means both cup packs.
Hehe, thanks. It seems even Renault aren't entirely sure:

Renault Customer Services said:
Thank you for your e-mail in relation to the Extreme Pack on the Clio 182.

We are currently looking into this in order to establish exactly what the Extreme pack contained.

We will contact you as soon as we have the relevant information.
:)