ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do i need for 6x9s (wire)

what wireing do i need to wire pioneer 6x9s up to alpine hu? and how to conect to hu to? i got std block plugged straight in the back at the moment...? any elp much apreciated. ryan

mate you should have loose rear speaker wires coming out the back of the loom in the back of the stereo, as long as you have its pretty straight forward, attach male/female bullet connectors to the wires running from the speakers and the wires in the back of the stereo and just attach them together making sure your + and - match up otherwise the sound wont be very good (muffled). thats what i had to do when i replaced my stereo.

cheers :)

right, wel earlier i just test them out by quickly attaching the wire ends off the old back speakers to me new 6x9s and the bass was sh*t, all distorted? wont i need to run decent cable the whole way from the hu to speakers?

350z & 16v Maxi

the std wires will be fine BTW, just use the wires that was wired up to the old speakers.

Make sure you have the +ve and -ve the same way around on each speaker or they will sound sh!t

they sounded crap when plugged up to the original wires tho, when i swapped +ve and -ve.? there 320w max pioneer 6x9s? alpine cdm summet unit?

Guys I sold them to Ryan knowing that these are fine....

Theyre not on his Parcel Shelf at the mo, could this be why the bass coming from these are crap???

350z & 16v Maxi

yep, speakers sound sh*t when your are holding them in the air. Put them in the shelf and use the std wires and make sure you have the +ve and -ve round the right way on both speakers.

Yeah, mine were ampd, defos sound better than runnin off ur HU.

Try putting them on ur parcel shelf and see how it sounds.

350z & 16v Maxi

you dont need to amp them, and your Alpine HU is deffo not putting out 50watts RMS more like 15. Try fitting them onto your shelf

When i got my speakers, i have the same ones btw, i ran the wires that came wiht them to the back, which is the same as std wire, i connected them up the wrong way and nowt worked, conencted them right and they worked fine, try them in the parcel shelf mate

yea cus when amps u can make them only do mid and treble! hence no bass to make em fart! ;)

unless u got mega b line that likes to distort them! :(

Sorry to hijack but I also fitted new speakers this week and they sound sh1t. So I need to change the wires round on one of the speakers to make sure the + and - are the same way round? And if it doesnt help could it be that the head unit isnt providing a strong enough signal? A new HU is on its way anyway.

Thnx

i got 1 speaker on shelf after a right pheasco.. old mans crap tools!, and i have some alrite BASS.. i discovered that my hu had loudness running yesterday and didnt realise was causing most distortion!, i think i may be able to get a better sound if i wire up better as its the old hook and tape, to join wires at the mo!, BODGE! dont you hate bodge jobs!

ryan