ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does holding the central locking button do?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I've been having some trouble with my keys recently because of the immobiliser not recognising the key.

When i hold in the central locking button inside the car it locks the car then after about 5 seconds ish it unlocks the car again and the immobiliser light by the speedo lights up for a few seconds. What is this doing does it reset something?:S

it sometimes fixes my key problem so i would like to know what it is actually doing if anybody knows?
Thanks

Da

Less
It can re-synch the keys.

There is a procedure which I forget at present but I think if you have the key in the ignition and it turned on, then press the door lock button for several seconds it should then re-synch if you press the key button.

I know this works for the Lagunas anyway.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Ok cheers. ill have to try a few things and keep searching to find out a bit more about it.

mk1 clio hybrid
yea that works on vauxhalls to ano its another make all together but i had to do the same thing to a zafira today at work. put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on then press the central locking button for a few seconds until it locks and unlocks the car......problem solved if this dosent work try the same agen but press the button on the key fob a few times and if this dosent work then am stumped lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
on mine,
holding the central locking button down turns on the auto lock
u go over 10mph and the car locks itself,
doubt this helps at all, bt thought it throw it in
you tired changing the batteries in your key?