ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does renaults free health check actually look over?

Jap Box
Just a wonder here

Did the free health check, they said car was 100% fine and they charged me for topup of engine oil.

It had the MOT the weekend after and failed on the following:

Offside Rear Rear parking brake recording little or no effort (3.7.A.7a)

Parking brake efficiency below requirements (3.7.A.10) **DANGEROUS**

Front Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.2)

Rear middle and offside recievers not working Seat belt locking mechanism does not secure or release (5.2.5a)

Rear both sides flicker slightly with indicators Rear position lamp(s) slightly affected by the operation of another lamp (1.1.A.2d)

Front Front brakes only just met the front brake imbalance requirements. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.2d)

Advise rear exhaust mount deteriorating

Now, im starting to feel the t***s didn't even look at the car properly if at all.

The fact was, the rear exhaust mount it advised on the MOT did infact fall off shortly after, so surely the dealership should have seen this.

Also, the bonnet catch was rusted which should have surely been fixed under the recall by them for free?

Just wondering where I stand here if I submit a complaint to them showing the failed MOT form after them telling me the car had no problems with it and it was 100% fine.

They should have spotted the postion lamps and the exhaust mount, they wouldn't have checked the braking efficiencies as its only a visual inspection.

Lionel Richie
its the biggest waste of time ever, i seriously question what the techs at some of the dealerships do all day! I had a car in that had just had "the health check" from the main dealer

rear pads were fitted incorrectly and had worn at a 45degree angle, metal on metal on 2 of the pads
rear discs were fucked
front discs were fucked
pollen filter was blacker than coal
coolant was a lovley brown colour
rocker cover had a decent leak
ball joint had play

there was more too!!

Jap Box
Suely they would have checked the belts though?

Also the handbreak is fairly simple to notice as the one side raises more than the other when the handbreak is in use as one sides buggered

Megane dci 130
Its a free check, they check whats on the sheet.

Lights, levels, tyre preasures, joints, cv boots, hydraulic brake systems and mechanical brake componants. Thats pretty much it.

Jap Box
Ahh right, I thought the check went into the seatbelts etc.

Handbreak cable snapped off today anyway in the middle of town, luckily it was on flat ground so not much of a problem. Had the two sides replaced and it works 10000% better :)