ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this dash warning light mean?

81789021.gif

The middle orange heart beat style one... What does it mean?

I don't have a hand book with the car but last week this came on and I lost most of the response from the throttle.

Took it into the local and the fault code was the throttle peddle was gone (ph2 172). That was replaced and all seemed fine for half a week or so until yesterday and today the above has come on again.

The first time it would still rev throughout the entire range this time it won't go over about 2300 revs.

:(

BMW M135i
Electric fault warning light, sounds like its tripped into limp mode too. Is the normal OBD engine management fault light on too? (bottom right of clocks looks like an engine-ish)

Thanks for the reply.

The engine management light (without the STOP) is not on this time. The one in the pic is the only one on.

When it came on last week it had the engine management like as well and the fault report I was given just states that it was the throttle peddle. I was told it I was only getting about 75% of the travel on the peddle which fit with how it felt. It still went through the full rev range which it is not anymore.

Engine off / on clears the electric fault like for a short time.

Clio 182ff
The ECU in a reno is about as clever as a boiled egg...it's having a nelly and u will never know whats up without a diagnostic check.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry to bump this thread but did you get this fixed?

This light is on in my 172 and the car started missfiring when i was driving, then wouldnt rev right up, and now it wont start at all?

182 Trophy
We had this on a 1.2 16v clio. Turned out it meant it could be pretty much anything. We replaced lambdas, cat, coil pack, carbon canister, but the more you read about it the more randon it seemed. Ours used to run great until it came on, then ran like a dog.
Sorry to bring a downer, but no point aimlessly wasting money.