ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What else should I get?

Clio 182
Hi guys, basically this is the first car Ive had where I actually want to put some effort in to keeping it clean/looking smart. A couple of weeks ago I went out and got:

Meguiars Nxt Generation car wash http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_201873_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

and some Meguiars Nxt Generation Tech Car Wax
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1_categoryId_165527_langId_-1?cm_vc=IOV4PDPZ1

As I'm new to this whole detailing thing, can I get some advice on what other products I should get to go with the Meguiars stuff ? I wouldn't mind getting a whole new lot of stuff including different wash/wax if there are better options available. I want a good quality home kit that I can use to keep the car looking mint. Please note I am a total beginner with the whole detailing scene... I used to be a solely bhp/performance chaser.

Any help/advice would be great! :cool:

Washing..

2 buckets, 2 mitts, some brushes.. Foam if you're feeling flush. Decent shampoo

Drying..

Decent towel from CYC or i4D.

Polishing..

Machine or hand? Machine - Whole range of different products.. Hand - Autoglym SRP is good enough.

Sealant..

Chemical Guys Blitz

Wax..

Swissvax Onyx..

Misc

Plenty microfibres, applicator pads, quick detailer.

Wheels

I don't really like wheel cleaners, but Meguiars Wheel Brightener can be diluted.
Blackfire Tyre shine

Nothing at the mo :(
Washing..

Drying..

Polishing..

Machine or hand? Machine - Whole range of different products.. Hand - Autoglym SRP is good enough.

Sealant..

Chemical Guys Blitz

Wax..

Swissvax Onyx..

Misc

Wheels

I don't really like wheel cleaners, but Meguiars Wheel Brightener can be diluted.
Blackfire Tyre shine

Thats actually a pretty good list :D Il be bookmarking this thread so my future purchases :D

Clio 182
Washing..

Drying..

Polishing..

Sealant..

Chemical Guys Blitz

Wax..

Swissvax Onyx..

Misc

Wheels

Blackfire Tyre shine

Thanks pal, exactly what I was looking for! And would all those products be used every time I clean the car ie. once a week?

No, polish if done right should only be done once or twice a year.

My weekly routine is usually

Foam/Wash/Dry/Wheels/Tyres and sometimes a Wax if I can be assed!

Clio 182
When you wax do you always use a sealant before aswell?

As this is going to be the first time my cars had this treatment I think Im gonna have to go the whole way and do everything to get it nice.

Are the quick detailers any good for maintaining the finish, or is a weekly wash enough?

Weekly wash is better than the detailers IMO.

I don't always apply sealant, but if you are doing the full lot, you should also include a Clay Bar, and use after the first Wash. Then Rewash, then start the Polish.

Clio 182
Nice one thanks for the advice Justin. Gonna be getting these products together soon so the car will looking lovely for the summer.