ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What exhaust are recommended

Hey there im thinking of getting a upgrade exhaust on my 53 plate 172 and was just wondering what exhaust you lads recommended?? also dont no what style to go for so would also appreciate pics of some upgrade exhaust which can help me make my mind up!!! thanks again

well im looking for something with a nice deep sound but not to loud which fits in with the car but makes it look that bit xtra special. im open to all ideas really

prospeed are top notch!
when you dont have any problems! been back about 8 times now - various problems from tail pipe moving to welds cracking - had second cracked weld fixed yesterday and now have a really bad vibration through the car at 2000-3000 revs - going back again later!

Focus ST
timsclio172 said:
when you dont have any problems! been back about 8 times now - various problems from tail pipe moving to welds cracking - had second cracked weld fixed yesterday and now have a really bad vibration through the car at 2000-3000 revs - going back again later!

Hope you get it sorted.....:S

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Id recommend prospeed, i think mine is pure quality. Doesn't budge its solid as a rock looks as if its built to last and any problems and you can go back to get it sorted.

Clio 172 mk2
I had a Magnex twin fitted a few weeks ago. Performance etc feels like it has improved. Together with the indcution kit is a bit loud but I don't mind it. Having said that, I don't like the way it looks.

In hind sight, probably should have got the k-tec stealth but then I heard it does not fit too well. But at least it doesn't look like you have mortar tubes fitted. Would love to have had the Yozza one but could not get myself to spend that kind of money.

In the end I wish I had taken the drive from Waford to Cardif and Pro-Speed. Would have been deaf by the time I got there as the box completely came off eventually but those pro-speed units cut into the bumper look soooo nice.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
There's nothing about Prospeed that differentiates them from other steel workers. Just take a look in the Yellow pages, chances are there'll be someone within 20 miles that can do it.

R35 GTR
I have a second hand ktec exhaust and its built pretty well, seeing as it has survived so long. Car just about keeps up with my mates 182 so no complaints there. Plus the sound isnt too loud in the car unless you want it to be. I have been told that it's really loud outside the car though....

tiTTy & SV650
Dave3141 said:
I have a second hand ktec exhaust and its built pretty well, seeing as it has survived so long. Car just about keeps up with my mates 182 so no complaints there. Plus the sound isnt too loud in the car unless you want it to be. I have been told that it's really loud outside the car though....

ehhhh ur car easily kept up with my 182, surely the chip u have helps there too? lol

VW ....
timsclio172 said:

Never had a problem with mine since day 1 :S

Couldn't recomend Pro-speed enough

looking for 172 cup
pro-speed gets my vote :) had a couple of exhausts on my car and the pro-speed ones the best........

tiTTy & SV650
if custom is too expensive then check out blueflame, seriously decent kit and at great value for money normally, even better with 30% off!

designed specifically for the car to be a straight fit, good enough for me, even better at £231 cat back!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
38480bbe.jpg

bc0cceed.jpg

thats mine. Mines a prospeed too, never had any problems, and its been on since feb

top notch

Liquid yellow R26 F1
I had a K-Tec (twin 3") system fitted yesterday.. sounds nice.. but would advise that it's professionally fitted (as i did).. not on your drive at home, as it did need a few alterations.. apart from that all seems ok..

anyone else got a K-Tec..? notice any performance increase..? as i can't decide if it's quicker or not..?

K20 EG Hatch
i have got a prospeed, looks and sounds class but it recently has started dropping on the one pipe :(

James Bushell said:
I had a K-Tec (twin 3") system fitted yesterday.. sounds nice.. but would advise that it's professionally fitted (as i did).. not on your drive at home, as it did need a few alterations.. apart from that all seems ok..

anyone else got a K-Tec..? notice any performance increase..? as i can't decide if it's quicker or not..?

took mine off once it settles in it will resonate all bloody day - drove me nuts!

172 Dave said:
took mine off once it settles in it will resonate all bloody day - drove me nuts!
Good job I never gave you my keys the other day then...

You would got as far as the Eastern Rd then turned back before going deaf lol

It was back on the ramp again yesterday :(

Took us over an hour to remove the abs sensor!

Back on topic, my Prospeed is the dogs bollox, no issues so far :D