ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what exhaust

i know it s been done a million times but i can t be bug**red to search, what system is best for a 182, as there seems to be a fair fluctuation in price between certain manufacturers, it can t be to noisy as i bring my dog to work everyday, but it must sound right ( a little more raucous ), and release maybe a little more power.

any suggestions?

well he mite want somthing more free flowing so a cat back system will do or even a decat? k tecs look nice but if you wanted somthing bigger and look diffrent then go custom...better sound too. pro speed or powerflow are good but with powerflow it depends where you go:)

SUPERSPRINT!

The quality bore and tract of there exhuasts are simply superior to most of the compitition i.e they actually think about gas flow speeds and not how loud they can possably make it.

OEM
Actual data:
Horsepower 178.9 Hp at 6625 rev/min
Torque 205.4 Nm at 5385 rev/min

Supersprint
Actual data
Horsepower 184.3 Hp at 6595 rev/min
Torque 216.7 Nm at 5265 rev/min

Graphs and details are on the supersprint website

don t want more noise like i said got a dog to think about ( sad ), had an induction kit before but this time will stick to itg filter!

what sort of price are the supersprint systems?

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 21 February 2005
Pro-speed or K-Tec probably o if u want a bit more noise why not just get an indcution kit?

pro-speed yes,

k-tec no, unless you want a poor quality, poor fitting product which sounds awful under normal driving conditions

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Quote: Originally posted by ALLWOOD on 22 February 2005

SUPERSPRINT!

The quality bore and tract of there exhuasts are simply superior to most of the compitition i.e they actually think about gas flow speeds and not how loud they can possably make it.

OEM
Actual data:
Horsepower 178.9 Hp at 6625 rev/min
Torque 205.4 Nm at 5385 rev/min

Supersprint
Actual data
Horsepower 184.3 Hp at 6595 rev/min
Torque 216.7 Nm at 5265 rev/min

Graphs and details are on the supersprint website
Sounds pretty good!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
  2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I have the Pro-Speed system on mine.

I do 120miles every day, so it couldnt be too loud.

Ive got a 2.25" system with a silenced Decat. Its fapping gorgeous!
It burbles on tick over, its non intrusive on the motorway, but when you want to rag it, its a very sexy noise, with some muffled pops on overrun when backing off the throttle.

Would 100% recommend Charlie @ Pro-Speed.
Perhaps if you said where you are in the country, you could meet up with some 182 owners with a system, so you can compare?

supersprint are great quality but im waiting for them to do a race system with de-cat i dont want some gay road system.

Quote: Originally posted by STEAMY WINDOWS on 22 February 2005
i think we should have a video of all the possible 182 exhausts and prices

no need to, as above, pro-speed is excellent, and supersprint RACE system will be the only 2 worth investing in

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

If you go custom you will get exactly what you want - the more you pay, the better the product (most of the time anyway).

debateable, with custom, you normally get a choice of loud, louder, and loudest, yes you choose the tailpipe, but evevrything else depends on how good your dealer is

generally, yes, the more you pay the better the product, H&S, Pro-Speed, Supersprint, Orbisound are all expensive systems (not so much PS) and you are guaranteed the quality, however, as above, custom is all down to the individual dealer who makes the system for you

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 22 February 2005

debateable, with custom, you normally get a choice of loud, louder, and loudest, yes you choose the tailpipe, but evevrything else depends on how good your dealer is

generally, yes, the more you pay the better the product, H&S, Pro-Speed, Supersprint, Orbisound are all expensive systems (not so much PS) and you are guaranteed the quality, however, as above, custom is all down to the individual dealer who makes the system for you

I know.......and mines great :)

leeds_182 - link was posted so that people on 56k connections could still view the topic with no problems :(

very strange for magnex not to have their exhausts jutting out a little, they usually love to have their badge on view

usually very good quality, quite quiet and reasonably expensive for the gains you get from them

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 22 February 2005
So sorry Bryan - so very sorry - will you ever find it in your heart to forgive me??????

erm, no as i dont do forgiveness

The supersprint systems are usually not 2 load in comparision to many competitors but i cant say iv herd the one for the 182. I wouldnt advise a custom made exhaust from someone like powerflow!

street systems may not be too loud but the race systems are properly noisy. i should know i had one on my 172 and thats the reason i want one on my 182 :devilish: sound like a rally car

BMW 120i Sport

Anyone got a stockist for the Magnex one?

My dads car has a cat back Magnex and its the right volume for what id like - it has a nice deep burble but not noisy for just normal driving - subtley loud id say, but not "blown exhaust boy racer" sound.

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 22 February 2005
Anyone got a stockist for the Magnex one?

My dads car has a cat back Magnex and its the right volume for what id like - it has a nice deep burble but not noisy for just normal driving - subtley loud id say, but not "blown exhaust boy racer" sound.

try road runner in nottingham, sorry dont have their number

or demon tweeks, midlands

Quote: Originally posted by ALLWOOD on 22 February 2005
The supersprint systems are usually not 2 load in comparision to many competitors but i cant say iv herd the one for the 182. I wouldnt advise a custom made exhaust from someone like powerflow!

street systems are poop

race systems are the dogs danglies, loud as fook and amazing build quality

106 GTi

Nice to see Magnex have done a system shame they have angled the tail pipes with the bumper, Is it available to buy yet?

Edit Just seen they do a straight version too.

[Edited by r-jay on 2/22/2005 7:23:36 PM]

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 22 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 22 February 2005Anyone got a stockist for the Magnex one?

try road runner in nottingham, sorry dont have their number

or demon tweeks, midlands

Tried both webbys, no result :(, just list the Clio RS 2.0 2000-2003 with the 6x4 oval backbox or twin exit backbox.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

this is the e-mail that was sent me yesterday from Magnex

Hello,

At last NEWS on the Renault Clio 182:- the part numbers and prices have now been structured. The first batch has gone into production and I am given a completion date of four weeks.

Make your order a priority and be the first to get one of these systems on the car!!!

They look and sound fantastic......I have copied an excerpt from the original spec highlighted at the bottom as a description for you.

Please let me know if you would like me to order one of these 3 box systems for you. Thanks for your patience....well worth the wait!!!!!!!! Kathie.

Renault Clio 182

2004-

Twin exit x 3.5" Round

XSR12/TR

£389.99

Renault Clio 182

2004-

Twin exit x 3.5" Slash

XSR12/S

£389.99

"XSR12/TR & XSR12/S FULL SYSTEM AND REAR ONLY WITH TWIN 3.5" ROUND TRIMS & TWIN 3.5" SLASH CUT TRIMS WITH TURN IN. THESE SYSTEMS ARE MADE OF 304 STAINLESS STEEL WITH A SPORTY SOUND QUALITY. MAGNEX BHP 162 COMPARED WITH 163 ON OE SYSTEM".

Kind Regards

Kathie Smart

Sales Representative

www.micronexhausts.com

www.magnexexhausts.com

Tel: + 44 (0)1773 876330

Fax: + 44 (0)1773 876331

BMW 120i Sport

Smashing, is that £390 inc vat?

also noticed "MAGNEX BHP 162 COMPARED WITH 163 ON OE SYSTEM"

So power is down? ;)

Clio 182

I had a Magnex system on my Mk2 Astra Gte and Punto Gt and was very pleased in both the sound and build quality,so when i need to replace the standard system on my 182 i will be looking for a Magnex i think.I seem to recall that Halfords Superstores are agents for Magnex.

been trying to get prices on supersprint systems to no avail, everyones telling me poa, and when they ring up the distributor it s not available for 3 months min, has anyone got this system yet??