ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What fuel????

Cliosport 197
Only had my 197 for a little while now,just wondered what fuel is best too run it on,been running on normal unleaded at there mo,was thinking of changing too tesco 99 ron,but didnt know if this is too high,it says 95 or 98 ron on the petrol cap:)

Peddled device
BP Ultimate is supposed to be the best all-rounder by a lot of peeps.

Me....l hardly notice any difference between it and Asda unleaded.Try afew out and see how it feels...

2000 clio 172
hi ya i have just joined and have only had my 2000 clio 172 for a week but have been using the shell v power and it seems to go hell of a well, but to be honest havent tried normal unleaded

172 Cup (Iceberg)
I have been using the 99 RON from Tesco....... Is there any scientific research to show these 'special' fuels actually do any good?? I would hate to think that i am the victim of some placebo effect!

Renault Sport 197
Stu, renault advised me to use higher octane fuel for the 197, they said normal octane fuel can give you running problems. I use whatever high octane I can get my hands on. Interested to hear how your engine has run using normal unleaded.

Civic Type R EK9
yes there is a few vids on youtube where 5th gear done some tests and rolling roaded after and on certain cars makes a diff plus v-power is good for cleaning the internals of engine

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
I have used Super Unleaded (97ron) when ever i could (money etc) in my 182. I would say i have got *slightly* better economy although it does seem to have a little more grunt. I have always used Sainsbury's as im tight and i get Nectar points to:rasp:

Petrol really. Any will do, trust me its all the same. All this fancy stuff is just a market con.

The RS Clio models are meant to run on 98RON. I've never understood why some people refuse to believe the label inside their filler flap. Pikeys. Especially the 197 - was there not some official statement some time ago that the 197 should ONLY be run on supes? That was probably panic on Renaults part realising the engine only makes 190bhp (max) but anyway...

Audi A3/Clio 200
higher ron does not mean cleaner fuel, just more explosive, super unleaded fuels have alot of cleaning addatives in them that helps clean out chambers,

Tesco 99 is s**t ruined my cups sparks 2x in a row and after switching to shell v-power no more problems.

if you dont redline your car it doesnt really matter to much in my experience but it will run slightly smooother and your chambers will be cleaner with super unleaded compared to standard stuff

use bp or shell in you 172, 182 or 197 for best results.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
v-power i fancy is the best tesco 99 good too, then bp ultimate (i get more MPG with this) then esso is the worse i reckon.

Texaco normal unleaded makes my car run awfull!!

Dirty E91
I usually run either Sainsburys SUL or BP Ultimate, although been using V-Power for the last 2 weeks.

Tesco 99 gave me rubbish MPG and no notieable improvement over ther other cheaper SULs.

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
One thing to bare in mind with these fuels is you have to run them for at least 3-5 tanks to start to feel the real difference.

Filling up with 95, then whacking a bit of ultimate in, then running that dry and trying v power wont tell you anything.

Also a lot of the benefit comes from the cleaning agents that may take months to take full effect.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Been filling up with Sainsbury's SUL (im also a nectar points wh*re!:approve: ) and occasionally 95ron when i cant get SUL and honestly havent really noticed any difference in MPG or a smoother/rougher idle and running.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I just find it a bit con. Thats all, i just find this more "refined" things are a waste of time. Personally ive never had problems with my tesco petrol which costs at least 4p cheaper, and gets me to the same places.

Clio 1.8 16v MK1
Petrol really. Any will do, trust me its all the same. All this fancy stuff is just a market con.

When i first put bp ulti in i felt a big difference. Shell V Power is ment to burn a little bit quicker then any others. there isn't alot between Shell V Power and BP Ulti, but it does make a difference between standard.

Flash