ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what gearbox will fit a 172cup just a cup ?

clio sport 172 cup
hi help think my gearbox is going.. what gearbox will fit 172cup just a cup gearbox or will 172 or 182 fit thanks ppl

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
jc-089 a.k.a ph-1 172 gearbox, just did the opposite for my car,ph-1 172, now it goes on a cup gearbox

ibiza cupra
like said cup only as your speedo runs through your box where as on normal 172`s the speedo runs off the abs. so no speedo on the box which would stop yours working

ITB'd MK1
as long at it has a speed sensor hole in the box, it will work. not uncommon for normal 172s to have a speed sensor in the box

as long at it has a speed sensor hole in the box, it will work. not uncommon for normal 172s to have a speed sensor in the box

Not the case mate

DSCN0858.gif

DSCN0852.gif

JC5 130

The upstand is there but the actual hole isn't, it's a 2 diameter hole that needs boring and the gear fitting.

clio sport 172 cup
WHat makes you think it's going anyway?

noise goes away when i put the cluth down .. also filled the gearbox oil then next day my mate took it to his garage vw where he works and check the oil and he said loads ov metal filings come out in the oil only thing i can think ov plus seems like theres no power in the car

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'd hazard a guess that they're the early boxes just blanked off, using the ABS sensor, rather than newer boxes with the hole.