ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have I done!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So after spending ages searching for a ktec resonated centre section to replace the 'drone pipe' I recently decided I needed a JMRS induction kit.....I'm back to where I started!!🤦‍♂️

Does anyone else find them intolerably droney but only from 3rd upwards? Mine is making an almost metallic rattling noise as well. I might be going back to a standard airbox after less than 100 miles.

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
So after spending ages searching for a ktec resonated centre section to replace the 'drone pipe' I recently decided I needed a JMRS induction kit.....I'm back to where I started!!🤦‍♂️

Does anyone else find them intolerably droney but only from 3rd upwards? Mine is making an almost metallic rattling noise as well. I might be going back to a standard airbox after less than 100 miles.
My KTR is absolutely fine and it's pretty much identical. Youse lot are just soft.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I imagine it’s not an issue with the JMRS at all. It’s just a trait of all open cones. I also quickly decided it wasn’t for me, it’s lasted 8 miles for me.
I went straight back to my ITG Maxogen. It’s a far more subtle and refined sound.

D4A8F3A1-4A5E-48F9-973D-37076FA9C404.jpeg
B11214F4-3617-4E13-8EAA-DEEE3E4FB9AD.jpeg

Attachments

• 359F2539-82CD-45CD-8AF1-187E48B195EA.jpeg
    359F2539-82CD-45CD-8AF1-187E48B195EA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well im the wrong side of 40 and I don’t have any problem with it at all!!! Mines coupled with a CFAB steel battery cover I only find it howls when booting it, either low down grunt or a roar above 5k. No drone whatsoever 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hmm, maybe it's the combination with the 2.5" ktec exhaust but it's no a roar but I'm spoilt for exhaust note with my triple Daytona, I'll get a video up. It's definitely not addictive to me although my 20 year old son thinks it's great, what does that tell you?🤣

dave120

ClioSport Club Member
My experience with a KTEC induction kit and Scorpion exhaust is that the induction kit is silent unless you are accelerating hard. Under normal driving it cannot be heard.