ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have I done!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So after spending ages searching for a ktec resonated centre section to replace the 'drone pipe' I recently decided I needed a JMRS induction kit.....I'm back to where I started!!🤦‍♂️

Does anyone else find them intolerably droney but only from 3rd upwards? Mine is making an almost metallic rattling noise as well. I might be going back to a standard airbox after less than 100 miles.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So after spending ages searching for a ktec resonated centre section to replace the 'drone pipe' I recently decided I needed a JMRS induction kit.....I'm back to where I started!!🤦‍♂️

Does anyone else find them intolerably droney but only from 3rd upwards? Mine is making an almost metallic rattling noise as well. I might be going back to a standard airbox after less than 100 miles.
My KTR is absolutely fine and it's pretty much identical. Youse lot are just soft.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I imagine it’s not an issue with the JMRS at all. It’s just a trait of all open cones. I also quickly decided it wasn’t for me, it’s lasted 8 miles for me.
I went straight back to my ITG Maxogen. It’s a far more subtle and refined sound.

D4A8F3A1-4A5E-48F9-973D-37076FA9C404.jpeg
B11214F4-3617-4E13-8EAA-DEEE3E4FB9AD.jpeg

Attachments

• 359F2539-82CD-45CD-8AF1-187E48B195EA.jpeg
    359F2539-82CD-45CD-8AF1-187E48B195EA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well im the wrong side of 40 and I don’t have any problem with it at all!!! Mines coupled with a CFAB steel battery cover I only find it howls when booting it, either low down grunt or a roar above 5k. No drone whatsoever 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hmm, maybe it's the combination with the 2.5" ktec exhaust but it's no a roar but I'm spoilt for exhaust note with my triple Daytona, I'll get a video up. It's definitely not addictive to me although my 20 year old son thinks it's great, what does that tell you?🤣

My experience with a KTEC induction kit and Scorpion exhaust is that the induction kit is silent unless you are accelerating hard. Under normal driving it cannot be heard.