ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 172 (CUP)
Finally got it MOT'd and laser aligned. Great to get it on the road after over a year off. Just need to do more testing and book a trackday....finally!

Oh and maybe get around to doing a build thread/blog.

Ported another 182 head

C8DC9637-AE94-4C62-BCFE-396879FD7E3A_zps8xeazcoy.jpg

dan's cast offs.
finished fitting bang and olufsen cams (can't remember the real name but that's what keeps popping into my head) new dephaser, light weight flywheel, clutch, epas conversion, pms shifter and glued the engine mounting back together:)

ph2 clio sport 172
Had a play with DA polisher and some megs 105 and 205 on bonnet. Visually looks great and nice deep reflection however didn't really shift all swirls but maybe I was being unrealistic about what a DA could do. Lots of fun though. Crap I phone pic but tool some on girlfriends camera which are better quality.
pade4usy.jpg

big boost cup
Removed about half a tonne of gravel dirt leaves from the side skirts while taking the wings off for ready some new ones to go on

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Sworn at it and wished it would just sell quicker. On the plus side, full set of mats and boot mat have arrived for the new car which I should pick up tonight!!!

I had to remove the tree sap that stuck to my car when I parked under a huge tree. I didn't know the place much so I simply parked there. What I did was to rub the spots with wet cloth and applied small amount ethanol on those spots.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Fitted a ph2 interior to my ph1 today. Dash still today but my fingers will bleed if the touch another screw or bolt.

8a62a407a4be7e85417bf97b27b2ef2a.jpg
d3ae248cb3c93b8b11fbad8a4afa1dee.jpg

Couple of iphone pics so not the best

Clio 182
Fitted track wheels with federal rsr tyres and ds3000 pads ready for donnington.
Hope it doesn't rain to much as they suck on a daily in the wet.

Inferno 225 cup
Dangerous thing to do, I did that and now i'm wanting to spend £850 on coilovers for it :D haha

Inappropriate tbh.

Unless you decide to fully track I don't see the point.

Cup shocks & cooksports tested by me and a few others and can highly recommend.

Add cup wishbones and have the geo setup and your smiling.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Inappropriate tbh.

Unless you decide to fully track I don't see the point.

Cup shocks & cooksports tested by me and a few others and can highly recommend.

Add cup wishbones and have the geo setup and your smiling.

How much is that in total overall though?

I've rather go for coilys as i'm after the adjustable height too and intend on going to the nurgerburger ring a few times next year. And from what i've seen I don't think cooksports don't give that much of a decent drop. Just my opinion however :smile:#

I was always under the impression Bilsteins were the best compromise for road and track use.

Inferno 225 cup
How much is that in total overall?

I've rather go for coilys as i'm after the adjustable height too and intend on going to the nurgerburger ring a few times next year. And from what i've seen I don't think cooksports don't give that much of a decent drop. Just my opinion however :)

Seriously it's worth it.

The height is not mega low but will be perfectly acceptable for your driving needs.

The drop it self isn't that bad @Sunglasses_Ron (if you could post a picture of yours if you will )

With everything setup including the geo with cup shocks, cooksports and wishbones it was around £500.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously it's worth it.

The height is not mega low but will be perfectly acceptable for your driving needs.

The drop it self isn't that bad @Sunglasses_Ron (if you could post a picture of yours if you will )

With everything setup including the geo with cup shocks, cooksports and wishbones it was around £500.

What are my driving needs? I'm going to the Nurgerburger ring twice next year :p

That's a decent price though. Still though, for that price i'd rather stretch a little more for coilys.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Put more touch up coats on the rear bumper. Need to get that drilled and then put on the car

Still waiting for a good spell in the weather so I can use the G Techniq C4 stuff my brother kindly got for my birthday!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
A fair few people track their cars with this setup.

There is a thread on it somewhere.

Took mine to the ring with this setup. Handled fine apart from crap tyres!

Check my project thread for ride height pictures with 25mm front and 15mm rear spacers. I have standard wishbones though an as with the spacers I was catching the front arch slightly so had to chop some off. With more caster it would have been worse.

Inferno 225 cup
Took mine to the ring with this setup. Handled fine apart from crap tyres!

Check my project thread for ride height pictures with 25mm front and 15mm rear spacers. I have standard wishbones though an as with the spacers I was catching the front arch slightly so had to chop some off. With more caster it would have been worse.

15's on the front 10's on the rear would be perfect, with more caster the 25's will be to much.

I had the sam problem.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Spent This On The T Today 🙈😊🙈

2 New Tyres
Sachs Sent To Get Refurbished @ BG Motorsport
Track Rod Ends
Bottom Ball Joints
Full Service Kit
5l Of Oil
5l Of Coolant