ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the new painted trims and cleaned it :D Rolling on 90k this week though :(

10557399_10152367980970986_7797048695490987603_n.jpg

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
Today, changed engine oil, filter, gearbox oil and fuel filter.
In the last month I've renewed upper engine mount, upper gearbox mount, rear discs, pads, spark plugs, top mounts, cup dampers with cooksport springs and a full set of Rainsport 3.
Fingers crossed that's it for a while.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Spent £430 today on the following which where all new Renault Parts and had the work done at SWR in stirling -

New Track Rods
New Track Rod Ends
New Bottom Ball Joints
4 Wheel Alignment
New Injectors x 4
Full Service (Oil Filter, Air Filter, Pollen Filter, Spark Plugs x 4)
New Sump Gasket
New Sump Bolts
New Re-Circ Flap Motor
Second Hand Under-tray & Bolts

Bought the following items for me to keep in my garage -
5l Oil x 3
5l Coolant x 3
5l Renault -20 Screen Wash x 4

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Whacked in my new LED rear bulbs, looking forward to seeing what they're like! In the daylight they didn't really look any different, which is probably a good thing.

Black 182 FF
Drove it and put my foot down in it last night, for the first time in God knows how long. Made me smile, seeing as I'm used to driving a Transit day in day out and she drives the Clio.

Also it made me laugh as when she was parking it later on it done the random thing it occasionally done to me years ago, with the rear wiper coming on when you reverse.

Clio 182
Finally put round Knockhill, and was then told by the instructor to go get my ARDS done and get something on a grid asap! Didn't see that coming!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Paid £38 all in for power flex steering rack bushes, inner anti roll bar and outer anti roll bar bushes.

got my car back on the road today
brought some new alloys got them refurb and 4 new michelin PS3 tyres
KTR coilovers
sprayed my calipers with new braided hose's and pads/discs all round (didnt finish calipers)
cv boot done
samco inducton pipe
brought genuine cambelt kit, aux belt and tensioner kit, water pump, dephaser pulley
getting that fitted end of the month with new MOT
some photos car needs a clean though

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 106
  • front disc.JPG
    front disc.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 138
  • rear.JPG
    rear.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 114
  • rear disc.JPG
    rear disc.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
  • rearr.JPG
    rearr.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 94
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 119

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Wow, a lot of nice stuff on your car. Must feel good that you got the suspension, brakes, wheels and tyres done in one go.

Looks nice that. Nice wheels.

Is that front plate larger than a UK standard one? Looks enormous! It would finish it off with a flush fitting plate.
How are the coilovers? I almost fitted them but opted for Cooksports instead.

feels alot nicer to drive now before handled like crap forgot to say put some powerflex anti roll bar bushes and the bearings etc in the top mounts as the were fu*ked
ha i have never noticed that they do look massive, going to have to change them!
there decent hard ride, but need go get it all set up still.
going to get it remaped aswell soon as at start of the year had a new exhaust system and bmc cda induction kit

2005 Cliosport 182
Changed the spark plugs and got a slow puncture sorted :) but tyre place didn't put centre cap on properly and it's gone missing :(
Buying new wheels this week though! :D

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Got my car through it's MOT :smile:

10 years old and still going strong! Only failed on... number plates too small lol.

Funny how they've been on 3 years; asked if there was a change in regulation and he said no, so just goes to show it's all dependent on the tester you get on the day.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Give the underside of the shell some tlc with some rust removal tooling and a couple of coats of hydrate 80 then a fresh coat of underseal and seam sealer.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415375966.989695.jpg

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
Changed the interior bulbs, found out they're shite and didn't work so put the old ones back in. So I literally did nothing...

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
feels alot nicer to drive now before handled like crap forgot to say put some powerflex anti roll bar bushes and the bearings etc in the top mounts as the were fu*ked
ha i have never noticed that they do look massive, going to have to change them!
there decent hard ride, but need go get it all set up still.
going to get it remaped aswell soon as at start of the year had a new exhaust system and bmc cda induction kit

how easy is it to change the anti roll bar bushes?

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Give it a hoover, put some floor mats in as it didn't have any, and febreezed the s**t out of it. Stank a bit after removing the dealer air freshener, so trying to get rid of the smell in it. Also found out my driver's seat doesn't fold forwards.
Peeled the stickers off the windows as well, found one from a cleaning company that'd previously had it. Who even does that?!?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Drove it and put my foot down in it last night, for the first time in God knows how long. Made me smile, seeing as I'm used to driving a Transit day in day out and she drives the Clio.

Also it made me laugh as when she was parking it later on it done the random thing it occasionally done to me years ago, with the rear wiper coming on when you reverse.
It's meant to, if the front wipers are on the rear wiper goes on automatically when you engage reverse.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
got my car back on the road today
brought some new alloys got them refurb and 4 new michelin PS3 tyres
KTR coilovers
sprayed my calipers with new braided hose's and pads/discs all round (didnt finish calipers)
cv boot done
samco inducton pipe
brought genuine cambelt kit, aux belt and tensioner kit, water pump, dephaser pulley
getting that fitted end of the month with new MOT
some photos car needs a clean though
How did you paint your callipers? Looks very smart!