ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Washed it! (finally) not been touched since Fcs so was beginning to look s**t, needs finishing tomorrow. I hope the sun is shining to take a pic too! :eek:

Clio 172 RS2
Took out the airbox and checked the old type (black) TDC sensor...

Come monday, install a new improved (blue) one with revised wiring loom.

So yeah the dreaded start won't start issue this weekend.

182cup & 172 racecar
Race car.

Front discs
Pads
Oil Change
Complete spanner check
Clean threads on all suspension parts
Insert camber shims on rear
Refit exhaust
Fit new gearbox part #12 (twice)
Raise suspension 20mm all round
Clean 12 wheels
Wash and polish car to finish.

Washed it! (finally) not been touched since Fcs so was beginning to look s**t, needs finishing tomorrow. I hope the sun is shining to take a pic too! :eek:
I haven't touched mine since FCS either. Looking rather dirty...

Today, I cleaned out the interior and gave the wheels a good wash. I did want to hit the arches too, but now it's lowered, it made it slightly difficult, so I gave up. lol
If the weather is alright, i'm going to try and get as much detailing done on it as possible tomorrow.

182cup & 172 racecar
Oh and I cleaned my 182 as well, noticed grease in the wheel, bloomin ring on drive shaft broken. Something else to do now. :rolleyes:

2014 Clio 200t edc
Cleaned my windows with proper window cleaner for the first time ever, and sanded the scuffs off my splitter after it came off and dragged along the floor for 8 miles!! Lol

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yesterday i cleaned all of the outside to make it easier to clean on friday night for CSS, then today i cleaned all the inside.

new wheels to be fitted tomorrow.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Sorted out the exhaust hanger to stop it knocking when I've got other people in the car.

Also fitted the ITG which I fitted in under 3mins! +10 man points for me!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343658120.477608.jpg

Clio 172 Cup, Volvo
Decided to fit the new bushes to the dog bone on wife's 172 cup. Got it off easy enough but getting the old bushes out with hand tools was impossible. Had to borrow a car and go to my dads old work and use their press. After that the rest was easy. I think the gear change is better but to be fair the old bushes wernt that worn so it's probably all in my mind. Luckily no difference in vibration levels.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I guess it won't be long until you have to fit another one! heh :cool:

Looks awesome though, I need to get myself one.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I forgot how nice they look when freshly fitted,
I might have to get a new one as mine's a bit mangled due to parking over curbs like that.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Trying to get my car ready for CSS....

Another machine polish/glaze/finishing wax.
Re-fit the following bits: Roof trims, rear quarter glass, door locks/handles/cards, remove and refit wonky bumper, repair a bit of wiring loom, clean door cards, clean and paint some little trims.

To Do by friday (if it ever stops raining!) valet the car as the inside is CAKED in dust from the bodyshop, another few coats of wax, go and collect my new badges and boot trim from the dealer and re-fit the sunroof with a new gasket when it eventually turns up.

Busy busy week. :(

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
F*ck me I feel tired just reading that lot,
you'll have an entire car rebuilt in the time it takes me to get the dirt and dog hair out of mine.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bearing in mind I have to do this between 8pm and 11pm as Im at work during the day.

I am so fcuking tired. :(

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus! :S
Well it'll be worth it when it's done mate, and you'll have kept another decent Valver on the road.

I don't feel so bad about having to wash and hover mine now.