ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

172 Cup
Changed the rear wheel bearings:
StEdmundsbury-20120715-00013.jpg

Cotter pin was a nightmare to shift out of the way of the lower caliper bolt, had to break out the 4lb hammer :S

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Washed, polished, brought the black trim back to life and made the tyres gleam... what else you gonna do with the only day in July it hasn't rained!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Had the nightmare task of workin out why my washer jets wouldn't spray! Thought it was just dirt build up as could hear the pump working, didn't realise there are 2 pumps though, one for lights, one for screen!
Wiper arms were almost welded on, took ages to get off, then couldn't budge water bottle under wiper mechanism!
Got it sorted but took hours, but atleast it wont fail MOT on screen wash now!

172 Cup
Had the nightmare task of workin out why my washer jets wouldn't spray! Thought it was just dirt build up as could hear the pump working, didn't realise there are 2 pumps though, one for lights, one for screen!
Wiper arms were almost welded on, took ages to get off, then couldn't budge water bottle under wiper mechanism!
Got it sorted but took hours, but atleast it wont fail MOT on screen wash now!
I fixed that on my old car by forcing compressed air down the washer tube, worked a treat and only took 2 mins.

I fixed that on my old car by forcing compressed air down the washer tube, worked a treat and only took 2 mins.

That was the first thing I did, and it cleared a load of gunk out but didn't fix anything (have a commercial air compressor from a Shell Petrol Station). As it turns out one of the pumps had packed up, so switched them around so now the pump for the lights is plumbed into the wind screen jets. Should get it through its MOT an then i'll buy another pump at a later date for the lights

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
I've fitted (or more accurately, Marc - *True Blue 182*) a cup spoiler... pictures to follow, 'bout time I got some pictures of my 172 up.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Erm just washed my wheels, was going to do the whole car but had just washed my sons white ph1 which was covered in seagull s**t then got all the tar off the sills and lower doors etc using auto glym tar remover, so his car is gleaming while mine is only quite clean :eek:

Renault Clio 172
Replaced rear Disc's & Pad's, Oil change, new Spark Plugs, fitted new rubber strip under bonnet, and treated the car to a new air freshener.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
New rear wiper blade and a Type R aerial. Doesn't look like a remote control car anymore lol

Failed MOT on loose cv boot. Not happy, had it secured, drove back for retest and it'd popped off again when he tested it! got to pay for a whole new test again now!!!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Bought a KTR Indcution kit and some Eibach Sportline springs. Next is a Yozza with decat and some brembos.

Inferno 225 cup
Took my wheels out of the store room, cleaned, polished and sealed.

Wolfs body wrap for the wheels, thought I'd give it a try.

Results

e934a6bf.jpg

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
drove it like a boss (actually like granny shifting not double clutching like i should) to play footie with lads from work, needs a clean desperately!! but coilies will be with me mid-week so next weekend i will kill two birds with one stone so to speak! :D

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Drove 50 miles to Birmingham to City Powdercoating, only to be told that the wheels I dropped off last week "reacted to the acid dip" (funny, another guy was told that when I dropped mine in last week), and were't ready, and driving 50 miles home again.

Apparently he'd told "the guy" whoever he was, to ring me yesterday to tell me.

No call or voicemail on my mobile.
Having tried several times Thursday, 4 times Friday, and then this morning before I left to get hold of them on the phone only for it to ring... and ring... and ring.

I so nearly rage quit when I was told that I'd have to make the 100 mile round trip again next weekend.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
cleared the drains out, any rain and the car was turning into a paddling pool. then proceed to wash and hover every last inch. much nicer now!