ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
Booked it in for it's first MOT since October 2010!
I've had it for a while and swapped running gear etc over from a cup I bought that was very rusty.
Got rear arch liners to fit tomorrow.
IMG_20211119_120152-01.jpegIMG_20211119_122751-01.jpeg

clio rs mk4
How are you finding it? I don’t think mine is going, but know when I fitted one to my 182 and 172 the difference was noticeable and the car felt tighter.
mine doesnt wheel hop as much on hard launches and feels tighter and like engine doesnt move anywhere near as much. i did drivers side engine mount too do feel it idle more but do feel a difference

Clio Sport 2015
Two weeks in, I have overall been loving the ownership experience of my first Clio 182. Having come from a Peugeot 207 1.6, it’s the first performance car I’ve ever bought. And at £2,000, it’s more than double the price of the second most expensive car I’ve ever owned - a 2003 Clio 1.2 16v I bought back in 2013 for a grand.

Although the service history was good, to satisfy my OCD the 182 went to Mike at Ren-tech in Portsmouth for a full service and gearbox oil change. In addition to that, it needed the following:
  • Rear wiper
  • Track rod end
  • Front brake lines
In addition to these minor bits, I’ve also done a couple of things myself, including:
  • Changing the (hideous) aftermarket gear knob cap for an OEM job.
  • Changing a perished exhaust mount, again with an OEM part. I’m aware that there are better poly upgrades available for these, but I’m slightly put off by talk of increased resonance through the boot floor.
  • Put the plastic engine cover back on. Does anyone keep these on? I put mine on as I figure it’s better there than in the boot when I bought it!
I also noticed that the windscreen washers weren’t working. After a top-up of screenwash failed to cure the issue, and with the pump suspiciously silent, it was time for a new washer pump.

Unfortunately, this didn’t do anything either. Balls. By pure chance, I happened to test them again when the headlights were on and – lo and behold – a steady stream of washer fluid.

After following the excellent guide to washer bottle removal, it turns out that some previous numpty has fitted a new bottle, presumably from a standard Clio or a Cup as it’s a single pump model, and then fitted the headlight washer pump, but not the windscreen pump to it. Brilliant. So I’ve just bought a proper two-pump washer bottle from eBay which will be arriving later this week.

View attachment 1556045

So that’s it. That is why I got it via hire purchase. Next on the to-do list are:
  • New tyres (currently weighing up between Rainsports and P Zero Neros)
  • Small weld to exhaust clamp where it joins to the rear silencer – slightly wobbly
  • Investigate lumpy idle – I know these are all supposed to do this, but mine keeps stalling and smells like it’s running rich too.
Thanks all for your advice so far!

View attachment 1556046
Clio in black looks particularly awesome. That is why I decided to colour mine black too. I don't say that her current look (it is red) is bad but black is slimming :)

Robproof

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Made it more French with a custom sunstrip from a mate. Keep the winter sun out the eyes on track.
5E01C2B3-FBBE-42E5-A96C-1BEFB87CD620.jpeg

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Technically yesterday but did a minor mod to my Pure Gearstick. The gear knob has been carbon fibre skimmed.

IMG_1382.jpg

I also changed the Silver cap head bolt to a black one which I think Blends in better.

IMG_1379.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted this yesterday. Went reasonably well but lost power to the head unit (although lights come on with headlights???) and clock so that'll be today's investigation
View attachment 1576557Sabelt wheel by Jon Hare, on Flickr
They do look smart with these fitted and completely changes the way the car feels on the road.

Having said that when i had one on mine, in place of the bus steering wheel, it suddenly dawned on me that i'm in a 17 year old French car, that's had more owners than lassie, with little to no modern safety feaures and i no longer have an airbag for my face to bounce off 😂

Bus steering wheel refurbished, back on the car :ROFLMAO:

406 V6, Race Buggy
Trip to the dyno and actually drove the buggy at last!

Yes I'm a tease, it really is only that long. Unlucky. (that's what she said, etc)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
They do look smart with these fitted and completely changes the way the car feels on the road.

Having said that when i had one on mine, in place of the bus steering wheel, it suddenly dawned on me that i'm in a 17 year old French car, that's had more owners than lassie, with little to no modern safety feaures and i no longer have an airbag for my face to bounce off 😂

Bus steering wheel refurbished, back on the car :ROFLMAO:
I've thought this too and nearly didn't do it, it then dawned on me that I have a motorbike so Volantec steering wheel it was! I can't decide whether to add a Renaultsport sticker?
20211226_134253.jpg

I just removed and swapped over both washer pumps, without removing the wipers or scuttle, in the dark with just a torch and some screwdrivers.

Where do I collect my prize? :LOL:

20220126_192816.jpg

20220126_200231.jpg

The front and rear washers have been hit or miss for a while and today they completely stopped spraying. I disconnected the headlight washers months ago because they kept leaking and I now have halogens fitted.

So swapped the pumps over and the screen washers are now spraying at full force! (y)
I've got some Xsara mist washer jets ordered too, but to be honest they're not even needed now.

I love when you can just fix a problem like that 😁

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
MOT on Friday so I thought I'd quickly pop some bulbs in... I miss headlight changes on my MX5, 3 screws which were all accessable just by raising the headlights! Anyway, onwards and upwards I guess
20220207_140106.JPG

Took the lights inside and attacked them with a hairdryer as they often get condensation in them, God knows if it made any difference but at least I tried. Gave them a once over with some cheap headlight restorer just so there aren't any issues with the MOT.
20220207_164014.JPG

Started raining before I could take a photo but you get the idea.

New bulbs are now the same colour, both white instead of one blue and one pink 🤦
20220207_164121.JPG

While the bumper was off I also fitted a Fabia lip spoiler, seemed easier than lying on the ground and messing around trying to hold it in place with tape. Came out pretty well 😊
20220207_163956.JPG

Renault Clio 2.0 16V
Evening guys and gals, 6 weeks ago became the proud owner of my first 182.

Had to reply to the last comment by thrifty because I am imminently (hopefully tomorrow, weather depending) tackling the headlight restore! No condensation in mine ao the seals must have been done but may take the headlights off just to get the corners sanded and sealed.

I'm really looking forward to it! And thanks for having me.

Photo is the "before", just a little yellowing.

Attachments

• IMG-20220114-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20220114-WA0005.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42

steve99ben

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hope that didn’t happen taking my parcel to the the depot. I’m going to have a busy weekend replacing the suspension

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just little bits and pieces today, couple of side bulbs fitted and some new wipers. I'd rather do a cambelt than try to figure out how to attach wipers again, they came with 4 different attachments and an instruction book and I still stood there scratching my head for 10 minutes 😂

Gave it a wash afterwards, and then drove to the car wash because I'd done such a terrible job and couldn't be bothered to do it all again!
20220208_154430.JPG

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
New steering wheel day, although I'm not 100 percent on it now and have a little buyers remorse. I've been watching the Sparco 323 from Demon Tweeks for a while and pulled the trigger on friday night after a few drinks. The Momo leather one on the car felt a little smaller, tho thinking about it now I think the centre point for the hub is lower down so gives the feeling of being smaller. The Sparco feels great and on the plus note it comes with an almost colour coded horn button... To keep or send back?

IMG_5118.jpg

IMG_5119.jpg

IMG_5120.jpg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
New steering wheel day, although I'm not 100 percent on it now and have a little buyers remorse. I've been watching the Sparco 323 from Demon Tweeks for a while and pulled the trigger on friday night after a few drinks. The Momo leather one on the car felt a little smaller, tho thinking about it now I think the centre point for the hub is lower down so gives the feeling of being smaller. The Sparco feels great and on the plus note it comes with an almost colour coded horn button... To keep or send back?

View attachment 1580867

View attachment 1580868

View attachment 1580869

Looks much better.

Surely just raise the steering wheel on the adjustment lever and you’ll negate the issue you’re having.

clio rs mk4
fitted factory renault led fogs to my grandads dacia and got my flag fogs ready for when drivers side one arrives to fit and wire to my car may need some help off someone whos got a facelift rs to take a picture of their headlight plug that has only one wire going to it. also started sorting wiring for rear electric windows and folding mirrors

Attachments

• 86C77BFF-F79F-45E9-AA1A-9BFEE28D2292.jpeg
    86C77BFF-F79F-45E9-AA1A-9BFEE28D2292.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 27A4AAF4-324E-4DC6-BCD3-D2AE243FD08B.jpeg
    27A4AAF4-324E-4DC6-BCD3-D2AE243FD08B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 1F81E9D7-A778-4B08-805E-65E9224A3F93.jpeg
    1F81E9D7-A778-4B08-805E-65E9224A3F93.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Fitted a ktech stealth, in the cold and rain.
Old vs new..
SmartSelect_20220220-135028_Gallery.jpg

It's louder than i imagined. And doing it by myself wasn't much fun.

20220220_115504.jpg

clio rs mk4
upgraded my preface to facelift fogs. so far have high beam and side lights working on them. waiting on fog light switch then will finish wiring up the fogs then just to try work out the cornering light wiring then they work full like the facelift led lights :).

258AF346-1664-4976-8FB2-AE2837D95B64.jpeg
27CAA9AF-7692-4EB9-9F58-1F1C823857D8.jpeg
7BE396B3-B8EB-4DAB-9EDC-6CDEE5BB5537.jpeg
E59C1DFA-001A-4B69-9FC5-DB64FC5B1BBD.jpeg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Went to do an aux belt the other day (noisy)

Tensioner pivot was seized, bearings for aux bit noisy, crank pulley rubber looked bad. So new crank pulley, tensioner & idler pulleys and aux belt.

Had a look at the timing belt while it was off, hmm bit oily (was due last year on time anyway) New timing belt kit to the list.

Couple of the injectors wiring looked bad so ordered new plug tails.

Anyway, a quick aux belt change and the car looks like this while it waits for some cam seals and loctite 518 before I can get it back together!😂

41486CCF-B19C-4067-8E82-6BD9B7F5BE43.jpeg

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Went to do an aux belt the other day (noisy)

Tensioner pivot was seized, bearings for aux bit noisy, crank pulley rubber looked bad. So new crank pulley, tensioner & idler pulleys and aux belt.

Had a look at the timing belt while it was off, hmm bit oily (was due last year on time anyway) New timing belt kit to the list.

Couple of the injectors wiring looked bad so ordered new plug tails.

Anyway, a quick aux belt change and the car looks like this while it waits for some cam seals and loctite 518 before I can get it back together!😂

View attachment 1584088
Nothing like a bit of scope creep!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Had the wing mirror covers painted back to OE, I don't mind the front lip in red and the track wheels but prefer the wing mirrors std.
IMG-20220312-WA0000~2.jpg
IMG-20220312-WA0001~2.jpg
IMG-20220312-WA0002~2.jpg

Reactions: MLB

LincsClio

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio 182
Gave her a proper clean to assess what needed doing with the paintwork. She is ropey up front 😭 could do with a respray to the bonnet front bumper and wing mirrors.

Oh and the standard seatbelt clean because it was disgusting 🤮
PXL_20220317_175145600.jpg
PXL_20220317_175154175.jpg
PXL_20220317_180335333.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Fitted a new windscreen wiper mechanism today after the old one started to seize up and while trying to strip it down and grease it up broke the mountings 🤦🏻. Nice to use wipers again!

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've fitted a 3d printed exhaust mount to try to cut down some if the noise and vibration.
20220315_115901.jpg

I had an utter brain failure doing it, getting bigger and angrier tools out, when all i needed was a prybar, a couple of clamps and some patience.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
1-2 hour simple disc and pad job turned into a 4 hour job due to wheel bolt snapping... Sacrificed a drill bit and nut setter to get it out.

2phase1s

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.2/r5/172
Adjusted the bonnet catch so it now closes properly. Small win. Next find out why the horn and fogs aren't working.
20220331_120028_01.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Changed my edc oil today, the old oil was a very dark colour at 67k so well worth doing imo. I used motul dctf oil.