ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Harnesses

FFEEA622-4837-4E8E-B998-A931ACCF2B23-2207-0000030DF78F97CC.jpg

C2D21A02-868D-471C-BCA7-65F3265FF278-2207-0000030E00385DAC.jpg

CDB4F095-D021-4D0D-BC07-EB74643EFD9F-2207-0000030E0AE6EAEF.jpg

Be careful when wearing those harnesses that you adjust the lap straps so they sit down across your hips. So often what happens is the laps are left a bit loose and then you get in and pull the shoulder straps down tight , this pulls the buckle up to a point where it sits high , high enough that in a serious accident it can break your sternum .....

the other thing that can also happen if they aren't in the right place in an impact is you submarine downwards .

just a friendly pointer as the consequences are not nice

The passenger one hasn't been adjusted yet as no one has sat in it. The drivers one sits across my hips when I'm strapped in. Thanks for the advice

ok , just didn't want anthing nasty to happen and it was the passenger one obviously i could see :)

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Yet another day of driving it with no rear silencer as K-Tec are playing silly-buggers with me and taking their time delivering my new Supersport system after over a week since I've ordered it!! :(

BG 182 FF
Fitted the ARB, took it for a quick test drive on the harder setting. My GOD the difference is mental, enjoying the lift off over steer, though I am yet to have a go with the ESP off. Fitting CookSport springs at the weekend :D

Petrol Blue 182.
Fitted new set of front discs and pads, also adjusted the headlight level. Found out I need two rear tyres and also a new reverse switch for the gearbox too. Oh joy.

Now Sold :-(
New front dampers and Pure Motorsport top mounts fitted.
All bolted straight in without any issues which was a bonus.
Turn in is as sharp as a pin. :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Gave it some Birchdown treatment

Cambelt KIT
Water pump
New handbrake cables
Gearbox oil
MOT
x2 new conti 3's en route

Ouch :-/

RB Clio 182
I might spray all mine this weekend as the weather is poor, what prep did you do?

The grill was cleaned, quick go over with 1500grade paper to key it as it was already smooth tbh, cleaned, dried, plastic primered then satin black which got a perfect finish so i left it at that.

The fog surrounds and bumper insert were cleaned, 600 grade paper, 1500 grade paper, cleaned, dried, plastic primered, satin black, then next day(today) i gave them another sand with 1500 grade paper to smooth them back down, cleaned, dried, satin black=smooth as silk.
I want to spray all my stuff as well, but im worried that it will all just chip really easily and quickly and then just look sh*t!

Buy some 2 pack paint which is harder, your local parts man might sell it then it wont chip as easy or probably not at all.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Yesterday....
for the focus, nothing other than just walking up to it and checking it was locked.
for the 182, gave it a good ol' wash and hoover after we took the dogs over to the local lakes, the car was in a sorry muddy state afterwards so it deserved a little tlc.
for the trophy, removed both sound deadening panels glued o the inside of the rear qtr's, removed the boot locks and all relevant wiring, traced back all of the wiring through the boot and the length of the car and removed it, and then marked out the inside of the tailgate to remove any excess unwanted metal material :)

other than that, it was mothers day, so time for a good ol' roast dinner when my parents popped over :)

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Yesterday I replaced a gearbox and clutch on a 2000 Fiesta ZS, fitted braided lines to the Clio, bled the brakes and fitted -2 degree camber shims to the rear

ST TDCI
Fitted my homemade induction kit aka ktec stylee - thanks to artic182ff for the tip on the alloy joining pipe (kit only cost £28 all in!)- it sounds mental on full chat! Now ready for the sth west rr day saturday.

Also fitted a momo steering wheel - looks soooo much better than the ripped std wheel.