ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Caterham 270R
Caught the other half driving it !! No wonder where all the fuel was going... She is in trouble when i get home :)

mckay

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 Iceburg 172
Finished cleaning up the engine bay
erabyqar.jpg

Cup In bits
I know, that's what I keep thinking. It literally has none of the common problems and I want to do a track day in it before it goes. Playing with fire I thinks.....

172 Ph1
Feeling very pleased with myself - I've managed to change the suspension top mounts and bearings without using a spring compressor or taking the strut off the car.
Clio 1.2 16v
How I did it - I don't know - only kidding , I'll put a post up about it soon , I took lots of pics so you can all see.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted my Koni adjustable rear dampers, my drivers side was starting to leak

evyra5er.jpg

Also fitted a tailored boot carpet, so much better than the Renault one

5ypyruza.jpg

182 ff
Fitted brembro disks ds2500 pads goodridge hoses and new fluid flush oh and sorted a exhaust joint blowing, quite productive really

Have you read the fault codes?
Connecters under the seats?

Replaced the seats for non airbag items and pre-tensioners (To suit the Cup) and re-done and tidied up wiring
Replaced the resistors in the under seat wiring
Side impact sensors are connected
Steering wheel squid is connected

Used a Snap On code reader cleared faults, the only one outstanding was the Airbag Module itself.. Looked up the code said configuration was wrong.

Checked the module and it had been replaced, looked on here for correct module/numbers from a Cup and had it reconfigured

Plugged it in.. Still an AIRBAG LIGHT !!!!!!! :mad:

I also noticed recently my indicator does not work going left.. nothing happens.. so maybe the steering wheel squid has given up

'hashtag' upset :(

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Mines not just today but in the last week. Only got the car last sunday and I've replaced the exhaust, put new clips on the cv boots, swapped wheels front to rear, replaced the leaking rear shocks. The n/s/r shock had no resistance at all. Washed it twice and done the tracking. All in my lunch break at work last week. Think there is some other stuff but I can't remember

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
removed, brakes, stub axles, rear beam, abs sensors and handbrake cables in prep for fitting all the new powdercoated parts and AST's

Beaten up 182
Believe me i did! I honestly thought it was a bad paint job on the tailgate it was so rough (I've only owned the car a month). I will go over it with the rotary when I've got a bit more time and a bit less sun.

Megane 275 trophy006
Took the scuttle off, cleaned the drains, shattered my windscreen. Cleaned the engine bay and the car. Replaced the bolt covers on my new alloys until I can get some shiny new bolts.
Cleaned the plasti dip off my old center caps to find they were anthracite (lucky coincidence) and painted the diamonds Albi blue.

old alloys
8ADAF995-6BCF-45A2-97B7-91A37C252661_zps1w8igbo0.gif

new
0C828C31-8677-4BB0-A366-907BB1A2268B_zpsrwkeo9zv.gif

Not shattered
9B2A6EEF-84C2-4CBB-89E9-37B2E4F69338_zpst5gsrdc5.gif

and shattered
ED15C0FE-4B20-41EE-8C5C-43A7F98896AE_zpsb7ibuuce.gif

very quick clean
E4B17D5F-269D-471D-8D96-94437387A92F_zpswkzw3c1n.gif

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Took the scuttle off, cleaned the drains, shattered my windscreen. Cleaned the engine bay and the car. Replaced the bolt covers on my new alloys until I can get some shiny new bolts.
Cleaned the plasti dip off my old center caps to find they were anthracite (lucky coincidence) and painted the diamonds Albi blue.

old alloys
8ADAF995-6BCF-45A2-97B7-91A37C252661_zps1w8igbo0.gif

new
0C828C31-8677-4BB0-A366-907BB1A2268B_zpsrwkeo9zv.gif

Not shattered
9B2A6EEF-84C2-4CBB-89E9-37B2E4F69338_zpst5gsrdc5.gif

and shattered
ED15C0FE-4B20-41EE-8C5C-43A7F98896AE_zpsb7ibuuce.gif

very quick clean
E4B17D5F-269D-471D-8D96-94437387A92F_zpswkzw3c1n.gif

Stunning wheels, love them! Love the blue bolts too to be honest.

Today, well strictly last night, I replaced my wiper motor as it was going faulty and rarely worked, normally only on the highest setting, and occasionally stopped working leaving the wipers in the middle of the windscreen. Problem solved! I also put the three extra grab handles I got from the breakers in the dishwasher, looking very clean and ready to fit now! Then I'll have one for every seat instead of blanks.