ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

e36 323i
its halfords high temperature paint metallic black, its a nice colour slightly darker so the renault sport stands out once its cleaned up.

HBT 172 Cup
Just to state the obvious it looks like a light metallic grey rather than anything close to black, is this my eyes / photo playing tricks or is it like that in real life, i only ask as i want to repaint mine this week and want to get it right first time :)

also did you use primer?

Last edited:
  e36 323i
Just to state the obvious it looks like a light metallic grey rather than anything close to black, is this my eyes / photo playing tricks or is it like that in real life, i only ask as i want to repaint mine this week and want to get it right first time :)

also did you use primer?

yeah its as it looks in the pic its like a dark matalic grey. I didnt use primer just gave it all a good clean to remove the grease then gave it acouple of coats of paint

FF Racing Blue 182
replaced parcel shelf today no more 6x3s :) or whatever they were thanks to danny_172 for saying he had one to sell and was local and saved me a few quid if i was to get one from a breakers

Clio 182
Today I got the manifold-centre section join on my exhaust sorted. Turns out it's been needing it for a while..... and the car seems too quiet now :(

PH2 Flamer
Fitted a new battery and KTR induction kit. Then washed/polished/waxed.

And put new personal plates on, as retention was running out.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Today, fitted silvervision bulbs, replaced crappy standard rear exhaust mount with prima racing one (awesome mod) and replaced my wheel bolts with TPI Polarised ones :)

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Full auxiliary belt swop and tensioner / pulleys. No more pulley screech and the nasty power steering scream has now gone too. So thats everything done..............for now

172 Cup
Replaced the thermostat, cleaned up the throttle body and fitted a Pipercross Panel Filter. The engine now warms more quickly and maintains a steady temperature, and definitely seems a bit more responsive. Happy! :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I had a right faff with my car today, my recently fitted exhaust tried to fall off, so under the instruction of Mick I went to kwik fit (who are actually pretty good for kwik fit), they refitted my exhaust, I drove back home and it then fell off again, now the car is on axle stands until tomorrow when i can refit it all back together, and hopefully it wont fall apart again!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Well Mick@Diamond said they were good, and to be fair, I went up there on thursday with him and them seemed to know what they seemed to know what they were doing.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have no idea, all depends on if i can find a quick solution to stop it coming apart.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Due to a few minor kurbing issues i got my front wheels powder coated again today.

Going to get the rears done i think so i can get them looking new again

e36 323i
spanners out again this weekend connecting everything back up to my replacement engine, just the new belts to fit and the 172 will be back on the road. :D

BG FF 182
The 182 got treated to an oil change, new PAS switch (old one was leaky) spark plugs, fresh brake fluid, Brembo discs & pads all round & a coolant flush, then I gave it a well deserved clean! Bloody needed it too.

clio sold :(
I decided to upgrade the seat...
For my son :p
20130127_135457.gif

From this
To this
20130127_143825.gif

Enjoy :) :)

107 Track Car & C4
Drove it for the first time in what feels ages! Don't use it for work anymore as I'm only living 1/2 mile away, so took it out early this morning for a thrashing ;). Also popped to Halfords and got some trim dressing as some parts were starting to fade and go white in places. Also got some metal polish for the exhaust. :)

172cup turbo & rx8
Fitted my koni dampers and pure motorsport top mounts/brace

needs a good wash too but that can wait