ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Golf GT & A4 Avant
When you say rough to touch, is that one a non cleaned surface so using like a QD? If it still beads and sheets well when driving the roughness won't be an issue.

Now don't get me wrong, I like C2v3, but I don't feel it's giving much more than the older versions of C1.5 and C2. I don't want it as a stand alone sealant, I want it as a top up product I can use over existing layers of LSP. I recently tried Reload and C2v3 in this scenario over a wax and sealant base and neither gave more than 3 weeks before beading and sheeting had died off. Paint still feels slick and contaminant free

Not a 320d
Its any surface.

Ive used over bare paint, CQUK and C2V3 and the finish of Sonax feels rough like theres no protection. A microfiber cloth will drag a little during application for example.

Just ordered some more, along with sonax wheel cleaner and this new EZ Go brush.

Honda & VW
New EZ brush Toby? Not seen this, keep meaning to replace mine as I sort of bent it, but it still works so am persisting with it until it breaks completely.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Be gentle - http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=96

I really dont know enough to buy everything separately. Dont even have buckets haha.

Can i assume this is a good all round kit?

Also - if anyone Bristol/Birmingham fancies hanging out on a drive way with a fat man, who has all the finesse (see what I did there) of a rabid dog wearing oven gloves, to teach me some basics it would be mucho appreciato.

Honda & VW
Not a bat place to start Banther, I'm yet to come across a poor product from AF. You are the prefect customer for such a product deal and these products will serve you well. Just do a bit of reading up on each product and how to use it prior to use.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Get yourself some C2V3 mate, after waxing it you can give it a coat of that.
Its dead easy, spray on wipe off and it will protect your paint for around 6 month's.
Cheap as chips to buy. :)

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just ordered some Autofinesse clay, mercury, satin and air freshener from polished bliss to enter the show and shine, now to find a decent camera!

Mercury is a cracking product. Dad's kicks out a lot of carbon, so with four chromed exhausts, it's a life saver. Really need to protect them at some point, but need to get them squeaky clean first which will take some time!

Not a 320d
New EZ brush Toby? Not seen this, keep meaning to replace mine as I sort of bent it, but it still works so am persisting with it until it breaks completely.

Mate Ive been through 3 and all the handles are broke. Except my EZ mini but thats useless.

Just used it now. It is excellent.

Only bad thing about it is its not as thin as the older ones. So where the old one would go through the spokes on my 313's, this one doesnt. No bother to me though.

Handle feels strong, doesnt bend atall. You can really give your inner rim a good going over without having to be careful. I think EZ have finally made a decent brush. FINALLY!

I am happy with this purchase.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/ez-detail-go-ez-brush/prod_1227.html

Also used sonax full effect for the first time. Its like iron x but doesnt stink and doesnt f**k up my protection. been using sonax brilliant shine as my wheel sealant as its so good.

Its expensive but then its on offer at the moment.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/sonax-full-effect-wheel-cleaner/prod_1180.html

Would probably buy again funds permitting. So most likely Ill buy it again.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
5 hexlogic pads, pad cleaner, stripper scent, more detailing swabs and something else I can't remember.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
10L of ebay special cherry snow foam, only to use on the peices of s**t and vans at work.

5L ph neutral snowfoam for mine and my old mans car.

more yellow applicator pads.

wolfgang nano coating

2 soft and hard cut hex chemical guy pads

From Clean your car, yesterday..
Auto Finesse Glide Clay Lube 500ml
Auto Finesse - Spritz Interior Detailer
Auto Finesse - Crystal Glass Cleaner
Meguiars Endurance Tire Spray

Mito Sportiva 135
I have a snow foam lance but the thread on the bottle has worn down. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement from at all? I think I ordered from i4detailing years ago

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I've made a basket on CYC sitting at £233.35, basically started from scratch so everything is in there. Just need to man up and press buy!

I already have a Das6 pro so dearest part already done.

Last edited:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Took the plunge, excited now!

ScreenShot2013-10-02at154750.png

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do you really need black hole and tripple? both are glazes, but tripple will clean / mildly polish and add a tiny bit of it's own protection.

Likewise you have both a wax and sealant. typically only use one to provide the protection, although it would appear with the new version of C2 you can use this over a wax as top ups.

Also if you protect your wheels with either the wax or sealant, I woulldn't personally worry about the wheel cleaner. Get them properly cleaned with iron X and citrus power, then protect them, then all that should be needed to clean them until the protection wears off is either shampoo or citrus power.

also instead of a dedicated clay lube, you can use a strong dilution of shampoo.

Nothing wrong with your basket at all, just some suggestions.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Do you really need black hole and tripple? both are glazes, but tripple will clean / mildly polish and add a tiny bit of it's own protection.

Likewise you have both a wax and sealant. typically only use one to provide the protection, although it would appear with the new version of C2 you can use this over a wax as top ups.

Also if you protect your wheels with either the wax or sealant, I woulldn't personally worry about the wheel cleaner. Get them properly cleaned with iron X and citrus power, then protect them, then all that should be needed to clean them until the protection wears off is either shampoo or citrus power.

also instead of a dedicated clay lube, you can use a strong dilution of shampoo.

Nothing wrong with your basket at all, just some suggestions.

Yeah there are a few items that kind of contradict each other, i'm looking for a variety to try various products really. It's generally just to build up a collection really and look nice in the garage ha.

Thanks for the advise, i'll take it onboard next time.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I got a few things last week 2 packs of the double detailing world dodo juice wax,
organge chockwork dodo juice wax, wooden pot super naterul wax, dodo juice DA polisher and a load of pads and some snow foam. Should be getting a nice rare wax next week as well;)

Clio 172 Phase 2
Ordered Dodo Juice Sour power shampoo and some Snow foam for the first time from Clean your car, should be arriving today hopefully!

Yet to decide on Polishes and waxes as i'm only just getting in to detailing.

Got a few things delivered today, AF Citrus Power, Tripple, Tough Coat and Revive, Dodo Juice Born to be Mild, Iron X and Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel.[FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS][/FONT]